Low pass filter and its issue... [Solved]

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: Low pass filter and its issue... [Solved]

Postby acemonvw » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Fent wrote:Yup, it's happened to me a few times in the past...not very often though.

Yes, it did seem to happen a lot more frequently with 1.04K. I never wrote down when it would happen (and when it wouldn't) so I don't really have a good gauge on frequency. I USED to have a real problem with my internal drive corrupting. This has not been an issue since updating beyond 1.04K.

But the boot issue still persists, though, agreed, it happen very infrequently. As rbhall7ice was wondering, I do feel like it is more likely to occur if I haven't turned the unit on in a while, but it has happened the next day after I've booted up too. For me, the lack of any pattern emerging just reminds me to back up my data when it does happen. I don't know why, but it's very odd when it seems as though the loading sequence just bypasses the internal hard drive. If turning it off and on again (after waiting 10 seconds) doesn't help. I then unplug the unit, turn it on and off again (to perhaps clear out any capacitance that is powering the error, silly right?), and then wait at least 30 seconds, plug it back in, and it loads up just fine.
acemonvw

Postby dest4b » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:13 am

moosiqpipl wrote:...... disco feel.....

ok i supposed something like that. .. i always wondered ...

moosiqpipl wrote:.
What's even better: I found that not just removing that little bastard smd from the PCB, but instead attaching it right below the CF card to the metal plate gives the LPF a way more brutal touch. Marvellous :D

thats a normal behavior that a synth or any physical bodys resonance is depending on the wight and structure of a object. so if you remove the transistor the resonance drifts a bit higher than before because the mass is slightly different.
So the best idea is here to attach the transistor somewhere in the case so the wight keeps the same. Maybe you used to much glue and now the resonance is lower because it is 0.1 gramm heavier as a normal spectralis ?
Or the glue is to flexible.
<<[dest4b]>>
https://soundcloud.com/dest4b
dest4b

Postby moosiqpipl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:06 am

dest4b wrote:So the best idea is here to attach the transistor somewhere in the case so the wight keeps the same. Maybe you used to much glue and now the resonance is lower because it is 0.1 gramm heavier as a normal spectralis ?
Or the glue is to flexible.

Definitely the correct position in the synth housing and just the right amount of glue. Like a totally new machine! I can only recommend it :D
((qp))
moosiqpipl

Postby Fluence » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:56 am

rbhall7ice wrote:The offending member has been plucked out.
Now it sounds like the "everything's fine" audio clip.
-but i did have a scare - when powering on the unit post operation, no samples loaded..
-re-powering again and everything seems ok - is that anything to worry about (did i screw something up??)
I forgot to put my static bracelet on so i'm a little worried as it's dry weather here.
Anyways thanks for 171 and now this.

I am on spectralis 1 and I did have this error also (just once though) since the upgrading party.
Nothing was loaded and I connected USB and the SPC_FLASH and Smartmedia cards would not mount.
When I tried to browse the devices I could not.
It also flashed a bad device message during boot.

After reboot it was good again.
Fluence

Postby silentake » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:18 pm

gotcha.jpg
gotcha.jpg (47.34 KiB) Viewed 2102 times

Done. Thanks, Jörg. :D 8)
Spectralis 2, OS 1.71
silentake

Previous

Return to Helpdesk