Additional gear

Totally addicted to your speckie? Not getting the results you expected? Experiencing Problems together with other gear? This is the place to share good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Postby 1.0.1.0 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 am

current setup:

Radikal Technologies - Spectralis
Ladyada - x0xb0x
Studio Electronics - ATC-X
TC Electronic - M300
GSSL 4000
Pro Co Sound - RAT
Soundcraft - M12
Doepfer - Pocket Dial
Roland - A-880
Last edited by 1.0.1.0 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby radinik » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:58 pm

stuff i use:

- Roland TB-303
- Roland R8
- Roland alpha juno1 + pg300
- Jomox M-base
- Yamaha AN200
- Yamaha DX200
- Allen & Heath gs3 mixer
- laptop + presonus firepod

- Ensoniq DP4
- Lexicon Reflex
- Boss me50b
- Boss geb7
- Ibanez DS10
radinik

Postby apropos of nothing » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:05 pm

Current setup:
Alesis Micron controlling...
Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler (rack) (gotta love the ESP chip!) controlling
Spectralis
Sitting on my piano.

^I really like the ASR-10's sequencer. Its so immediate. Plus its cool to set up a motif triggering the a-syn with the ASR, and then keep it going while switching patterns on the Spec.

For extra fun once in awhile I hook up...
Korg MS-20 (borrowed from a neighbor!) All analog signal path! even control signals!
Moogerfooger LPF
Moogerfooger ringmod

Currently out in the cold:
Kurzweil K2000
Ensoniq SQ-80
Alesis Ion

Not even going into guitars and mixers and stuff. Its just embarassing.
apropos of nothing

additional gear

Postby nanopole » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:55 am

though i try to use spectralis solo at the moment - so many things to learn- in my case it is slaved to RS7000 which drives a JomoxAirbase and last but not least there is a MFBSynthlite2 that is sequenced by the spectralis just for testdriving reasons to see the MIDI-Out sequence possibilities of the speck.
Korg EM-1 = collecting dust.
still i have to get something better than my behringer MXB 1002 for mixing...

a hint for those, who want their spectralis racked:
i have a adam hall rack click and spectralis sits perfectly without any rackears.
Last edited by nanopole on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nanopole

Postby revtor » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:47 pm

So you've seen V1 beta in action!? Was the delay under seq. control, or just knobtweaking? Recording knob tweaks / CC's? It must be getting close!

excited.... I check this forum waaaay too often !
revtor

Re: additional gear

Postby victorass » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:39 am

nanopole wrote:though i try to use spectralis solo at the moment - so many things to learn- in my case it is slaved to RS7000

Just get RS7000 : it is not so intuitive as SU700 afraid it will take time to use to it. Inspite off I`m deep in manual of RS at the moment however I wonder how to use it with Spectralis? Together ithey have to be a sweet couple
http://soundcloud.com/vectorass

Spectralis ueber alles!
victorass

Postby victorass » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:39 am

nanopole wrote:though i try to use spectralis solo at the moment - so many things to learn- in my case it is slaved to RS7000

Just get RS7000 : it is not so intuitive as SU700 afraid it will take time to use to it. Inspite off I`m deep in manual of RS at the moment however I wonder how to use it with Spectralis? Together they have to be a sweet couple

Spectralis ueber alles!
victorass

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:36 am

revtor wrote:So you've seen V1 beta in action!? Was the delay under seq. control, or just knobtweaking? Recording knob tweaks / CC's? It must be getting close!

excited.... I check this forum waaaay too often !

So far, it is not not under sequence control - but it is already prepared to get under control;-) Hope to get a new bety soon with that feature already enabled.
New users please check the following link for forum activation:
http://www.forum.radikaltechnologies.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=921
http://www.myspace.com/jorgschaaf
http://www.youtube.com/user/SCHAAFJOERG
Jörg Schaaf

Postby nanopole » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:14 pm

victorass wrote:

Just get RS7000 : it is not so intuitive as SU700 afraid it will take time to use to it. Inspite off I`m deep in manual of RS at the moment however I wonder how to use it with Spectralis? Together ithey have to be a sweet couple

i didn´t quite get what your talking of- is it the RS you find to be difficult or the SU?
don´t know anything about the SU just seen that martini brös use one, must be a nice machine exept the thing with the floppy discs.

like i said RS and spectralis are sweet. you wonder how to use it togehter?
RS MIDI OUT into Spectralis MIDI IN, enter the Utility pages RS wise, set to sent clock OUT A/B blabla... then hit play and have fun.
RS is deep MIDI and sequencing wise (each track can have its own meter like BD 4-4, HH 3-4 etc like spectralis), the "synthesis" is rather poor until you start editing the sounds with truckloads of controllers or you might take samples instead, whereas is to mention that the sample management isn´t really that good. very cool ist that you can step sequence almost any parameter- which can be cery cool on the Double HPF Filter with the Distance parameter - and similar to the speck you don´t have to trigger a TG but create plain parameter lines and changes which can be re-edited on the fly with the real time loop function for example- so shaking the cc´s only; little bit like parameter lines on the speckie which can also be played random or bwd etc.

if you have trouble with the manual look up the 3 power user documents (PDFs) from yamaha written by Phil Clenendinn.
another valuable source are the two groups even if they aren´t as active as they used to be.
RS at yahoo and RS7000 dot org
nanopole

Postby victorass » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:12 pm

nanopole wrote:
if you have trouble with the manual look up the 3 power user documents (PDFs) from yamaha written by Phil Clenendinn.
another valuable source are the two groups even if they aren´t as active as they used to be.
RS at yahoo and RS7000 dot org

Thank you Nanopole! Very qualified reply. I`ll follow it step by step. Re RS7000dot org I`m waiting for authorisation more than 24 hours and that`s ridiculious :( I`ll try another group you mentioned in your thread.

Spectralis ueber alles!
victorass

PreviousNext

Return to Spectralis experiences and opinions