A sign lit up saying “please do not press this button again"

Totally addicted to your speckie? Not getting the results you expected? Experiencing Problems together with other gear? This is the place to share good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

A sign lit up saying “please do not press this button again"

Postby ocmer23 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:48 am

Hi all,

Finally got my account active here, got some question(s) burning on my soul for quiet some time, but that's for another topic ;)

Got my spectralis about a 3 or 4 months, I really love it, I have allot of gear but since i moved to my current house so went looking for an ''all-in'' thingie on which i actually liked sound-wise, ofcourse there are the korg and roland grooveboxes but that not my cup of thea, ofcourse you can make music on them but i just dont like sound and handicaps those machine have, so after not to long i came across a spectralis to discover that i like his handicaps(which will be described in another topic ;))

My first freak out was after a long weekend of things not to be described here so ill keep the details for myself, came home @4:30 sunday morning, put the machine on my lab, next thing you know, my girlfriend asks me i was going to store, my reply, But it doesnt open before 16:00, she reply's: It's 18:15, it closes in 45 minutes :oops:

Well I'am not a good musician.... been fooling around with gear for a long time.... maybe more a sound explorer ;)
and there still is alot to explore in the spectralis for me :P

Here are some songs I created on the spectralis, spectralis only, only pressed record and stop on my laptop, The songs where all made with a apple ipod headphone's so they are really terible (low mid high balance), i found out after listening to them on a set of B&W dm-100's with sub, so this is what you have to do it with for now, if you are interested in listening to my sounds. And in case you aren't interested at all... Well the I guess you are lucky.

Cheers

Remco
"Being furthest from an ideal or a standard; least desirable or satisfactory.?"
Sad, I look to my left.
"I wish there was a device, usually electronic, that processes data according to a set of instructions."
ocmer23

Re: A sign lit up saying “please do not press this button ag

Postby acemonvw » Tue May 28, 2013 2:57 am

ocmer23 wrote:Finally got my account active here, got some question(s) burning on my soul for quiet some time, but that's for another topic ;)

Welcome Remco! I think you'll find us an odd bunch.

ocmer23 wrote:ofcourse there are the korg and roland grooveboxes but that not my cup of thea

I have had the Korg EMX, the Roland MC-909 and MC-808 and I too just never got along with them...

ocmer23 wrote:My first freak out was after a long weekend of things not to be described here so ill keep the details for myself, came home @4:30 sunday morning, put the machine on my lab, next thing you know, my girlfriend asks me i was going to store, my reply, But it doesnt open before 16:00, she reply's: It's 18:15, it closes in 45 minutes :oops:

I have absolutely no idea what is going on here, but I'm sure it's a good story :lol:

ocmer23 wrote:Here are some songs I created on the spectralis, spectralis only, only pressed record and stop on my laptop, The songs where all made with a apple ipod headphone's so they are really terible (low mid high balance), i found out after listening to them on a set of B&W dm-100's with sub, so this is what you have to do it with for now, if you are interested in listening to my sounds. And in case you aren't interested at all... Well the I guess you are lucky.

You didn't actually post any songs!

ocmer23 wrote:Well I'am not a good musician.... been fooling around with gear for a long time.... maybe more a sound explorer ;)
and there still is alot to explore in the spectralis for me :P

I think most of us here are sound explorers... The Spectralis is quite amazing for that.

Be sure to check out my tutorials in my signature below to get some (hopefully) helpful hints!

Good luck and welcome to Clubtralis... (Okay... Club and Spectralis don't combine well, unfortunately, but you get the idea)
acemonvw

Postby ocmer23 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:05 am

Sad, I look to my left.
"I wish there was a device, usually electronic, that processes data according to a set of instructions."
ocmer23

Postby ocmer23 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:25 am

acemonvw wrote:I have absolutely no idea what is going on here, but I'm sure it's a good story :lol:

Be sure to check out my tutorials in my signature below to get some (hopefully) helpful hints!

Good luck and welcome to Clubtralis... (Okay... Club and Spectralis don't combine well, unfortunately, but you get the idea)

haha its quite a special word clubralis, google gives me one hit :P

What I ment ''saying'' is that first time I really used the spectralis it was 15 hours nonstop :P

and about your tutorials......

I saw most of them way before i got a spectralis, but ill try them again one day, with the machine on my lab
Sad, I look to my left.
ocmer23

Postby decay » Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 am

Welcome here :)
decay

Postby ocmer23 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:27 pm

decay wrote:Welcome here :)

:) thanx for the help with activating my account :roll: :oops: :roll:
Sad, I look to my left.
ocmer23

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Yo.
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Return to Spectralis experiences and opinions