Newby :Help needed Melbourne.

Totally addicted to your speckie? Not getting the results you expected? Experiencing Problems together with other gear? This is the place to share good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: Newby :Help needed Melbourne.

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Just been learning the sequencer for the first time. 24 lines to mess with, wow.
When reading the manual, your head hurts a bit, but only because of the complexity of the thing.
But still trying to understand the filter/FB routings. Theres just toooooooo many settings to keep track of. There allways seems to be some subtle phasing sound (asynth) I cant get rid of.
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Well here's an update of my progress.
I've finally just got over the great "hump" that is the learning curve (not that hard to get over really, just need some time and patience). I'd say, most people dissing this machine never got over said hump.
Jamming now is so much fun, the seq lines, transposing on the fly, although I've just got the basics down, now I'm not pressing the wrong button and "f%#k wheres my cool tune gone?" as much. which is good.
One reason it took me long time to learn is , you read the manual (aka instructional guide as it isn't a manual really), try something, sounds cool, start to jam with it, and forget that you were trying to read the guide.
Anyway I'm gona try the trig lines today. The other thing is to master the routing of filters etc.
One question for the day, so I wrote a midi track in the seq line, is there a way to mute this with one button ( I see the mute seq line but I mean while jaming)
A bug I found is when using the shift transpose for a little while, the screen goes blank, but comes good when you open another menu.
Word.
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Postby acemonvw » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Glad to hear it jizzmaster2000 from Orgazmo.

Keep on writing and post some of your stuff when you can! Preferably youtube videos because it's always cool to see people's setup!
acemonvw

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 am

Yeah, I'm only jaming at the moment but I could try and record something.
In other news, I just finnished my GorF and having great fun controlling my Shruthi-2. I'm addicted to diy kits right now, also made the PreenFM. But cant find anymore (full kits with everything included) except for the xoxio 303 clone, looks great but @ close to $1000au hmmm ?
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Previous

Return to Spectralis experiences and opinions