Loop remix

Help to make the spectralis your personal dream instrument.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: Real Sequenz Editing

Postby BarTholomai » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:13 am

Dear Jörg,

After i saw this "bump" i was frustrated.
As the new OS 1.71 came out, i had hoped in vain of any Copy function i the Sequenz Editor.

Do not misunderstand:
    The Seqenz Editor is great! The probability funktion, selectable EGs (Pulse, HArd, Soft, Decay) in the same Seqence, 1/192 triggers, Midilearning etc. is all great and some unique.

My Frustration:
    It is an normal thing in the world to make 1 Tact and than copy it over 2... edit the end of second and than Copy it to make 4 Tact... edit the end of forth Tact and copy it to make 8 Tact.. and than make finally the end of 8 Tact. 2mins and its done.

In YOUR machine we must set ALL triggers. On the Sequenz Editor it is Horror to make that. Ok on the Groove Edit the Page changes 16 Step wise, but in the Sequence Edit we must shift the hole sequence Stepwise. If you want make an 1/32el you go cry. :shock:

After i become the Overflow problem (witch make the Patterns completly useless) i had to retyping by hand ALL Sequences in New Patterns. Without the second Speccii on the Table, it would have been impossible Mission.

My temp Solution:
    Since this realy bad experience, i always make the drumm pads on Cubase and then i transfer it per Midi in Motifs. With 30 BPM it does do it "sometimes" not so bad. But hey.. forgot the Jammy thing... forgot an quick Project on Sunday and forget the Specci as Drumm-Sequence-Editor.

Radikals Solution:

The Solution with REX Files would be a alternative to Onboard Sequenz Editiing function.
    For me it should be the target number one. Sry, but everything else on the Machine become any upgrades, but the Sequenz editing is still the same old thing.

Not the Filter make sound, the Sequenz made it wihle he opens!

:idea: I'd like to apologize if i am be the only man witch this problems.
But i think i am not alone and hope of other Users witch can confirm this important tool.
:arrow:
Last edited by BarTholomai on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BarTholomai

Re: Loop remix

Postby via » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Ok whats with the rainbow color scheme ...

I understand the frustration but us moaning about it isn´helping, RT is conscious about this, right!?

To ease the pain let me throw some tips

As an appetizer may I serf you with:
back in the day of analog step sequencers they where using pen and papers all day long to copy paste
(I know this didn´t taste good, but your at cheap restaurant ;)

For the main coarse for no copy/paste you´ll be treated with a tip of expanding a seq length to 1bar whenever you want to append/copy by a bar .. this way: shuffle when turned all the way left will always be you target last bar for copies, this makes coping notes (shift+note) from a previous bar to a new bar much more quick as you shuffle back and forth copying notes.. doesn´t taste that great sure .. but it´s allot better than dialing in 8bars and taking notes of paper

For desert I will add that coping patterns between song and being able to preview the target pattern before saving (if pattern has data) are copy features that should be added to the moan ... and you where expecting Crème brûlée ;)

As a fortune cooky I´ll leave you with this: Have you noticed how easy it is to copy tracks and sounds from pattern to pattern via motif .. the SP actually intelligently knows /assumes your coping the same ''track/sound as selected'' so you really only have to press a pattern after you press motif on your selected track ...quick & simple..lets hope this fortune continues

As for the rex files I would love it yes... you can though however create your own SF file that will do the the same (samples spreed across a key range) additionally you can add velocity layers so you could make massif kits with 4 different sounds on each note (triggering individual sounds via velocity) something I don´t think you can do with .rex files (?)
via

Re: Loop remix

Postby BarTholomai » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:17 am

Thanks Via for Kafee and cakes.

As an appetizer may I serf you with:
back in the day of analog step sequencers they where using pen and papers all day long to copy paste
(I know this didn´t taste good, but your at cheap restaurant ;)

...You forgot the Polaroid Cam to save the Preset :mrgreen:
Your Tips Tricks are all in my Workaround and could give a nice Guide fore others... but are all not necessary with an simple Copy function. As an simple example; it could copy an Bar to the next Bar when you expand a Sequenz (Like Electribes does).

10 Years ago the REX idea cames out and today not only an simple "Sequenz" Copy function is out... That made me angry.

Im Sorry Jörg for my Post, but it is what it is.
I can only Repeat.. Your Machine is grate! But this is what i want to have in the next Update.
Everything else is nice to have, but not must have..

Best regards
Barthi
BarTholomai

Previous

Return to Spectralis Wishlist