Loop remix

Help to make the spectralis your personal dream instrument.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Loop remix

Postby zwerrie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:45 pm

on my yammy rs7000 i have a function called 'loop remix' here you can cut a sequence in 1,2,3...12 parts, and have these parts 'remixed' in different way's. this is an extremely cool function, and it would make sequencer of the Speck even more powerfull.
the sequencer of the rs7k is said to be one of the most powerfull, and this feature is one of the reasons why. why not 'lend' this idea from yamaha (or something like it, so yamaha cannot complain about legal rights 'n stuff)

..maybe something for V2.01....
i LIKE buttons
zwerrie

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:26 pm

Did I mentioned, that the Spectralis will support REX Files sooner or later?
Jörg Schaaf

Postby bRz » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:16 pm

Did i mention that a feature like this would be really cool :D
I wanted to get a future retro revolution for livesets cause this also haves an on the fly remix button...nice to use in breaks etc etc

grtzz Bruce
bRz

Postby pdt » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:14 am

as I also owned an rs7k I know it's not the same, but if you want to have some kind of autobreak you could try this.

set some of your sequencer lines to a different loop mode than the one it is currently set to(e.g. forward backwards or random)

in the pattern sequencer shorten the bar length and step count to different values. save this as your break pattern.

Not exactly the as the yamaha remix function, but a nice feature to get some inspiration...
pdt

Postby zwerrie » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:46 pm

yeah, i was experimenting with these things when i thought the loop-remix function would be very nice....
and yesss .rex files with loop-remix? that is AWESOME!!!!
...i'm getting happier every day with this machine!

can't wait..
i LIKE buttons
zwerrie

Postby uvacom » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:34 pm

I don't know if you can release any specific details about the implementation, but will it be possible to load individual slices from .rex files as drum hits?
uvacom

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:52 pm

That is one of my ideas. But the other one is cooler;-)
Jörg Schaaf

Postby uvacom » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:52 am

Hmmm, can I guess? How about the ability to load the whole .rex file into 1 drum part, with the ability to use velocity to automate which slice plays on a given step? Or better (dunno if this is possible), a parameter seperate from velocity, so that velocity is still available?
uvacom

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:08 am

A REX File with thirty two slices creates a multisample with 32 samples. An automaticly created step sequence plays the different note numbers from one to 32. By changing the pitch on the encoders, you are selecting slices. By adding a sequence line controlling the filter, you filter individual slices. Slices can be muted, skipped, reversed etc.
That is my idea. But I can't promise this functionality yet. It would be cool anyway...
Jörg Schaaf

Postby bRz » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:56 pm

Hi,
Sounds cool, but what program creates Rex files?

Greets Bruce
bRz

Next

Return to Spectralis Wishlist