Modulate with an external signal

Help to make the spectralis your personal dream instrument.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Modulate with an external signal

Postby sicks » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:18 pm

I think it would be great if EXT IN was added to the list of possible modulation sources within the Spectralis. It would allow one to say modulate the the cut off of the 24 LP with a trigger from ( hi hat ) from a drum machine and add a sort of LFO sync effect? Maybe possible in the next update?
sicks

Re: Modulate with an external signal

Postby acemonvw » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:25 am

sicks wrote:I think it would be great if EXT IN was added to the list of possible modulation sources within the Spectralis. It would allow one to say modulate the the cut off of the 24 LP with a trigger from ( hi hat ) from a drum machine and add a sort of LFO sync effect? Maybe possible in the next update?

Can't you just modulate the filter with the drum parts as it is using sampled sounds within the spectralis? I'm just wondering what you gain using the external signal that you couldn't already do internally, which might even be a better sync. Also, you can modulate the filter with triggers as a different sequencer line to get that same sort of LFO effect, and in realtime manipulate the rate of that (1/16 --> 1/12 --> 1/24 --> 1/32).
acemonvw

Postby u.n.i.t.e.d » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:13 am

i think that would be a great feature. but more to fm the spectralis-Osc and Filters with extern Osc/samples ect. from another Synth. because i think that the intern Osc-fm doens´t sound very good.
u.n.i.t.e.d

Postby sicks » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Exactly, the Spectralis is the newest piece of kit I have and it would be nice to "sync" it with stuff without midi or CV...
sicks

Return to Spectralis Wishlist