some wishes for next update

Help to make the spectralis your personal dream instrument.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: some wishes for next update

Postby u.n.i.t.e.d » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:24 pm

12.) modulation mixing desk: to get a better live performence it could be helpful, if we could add to the volume and panning modulation of the mixing desk, some other modulations too.
for example. if i press mixing desk volume, a menu opens on the screen where i can choose between 4 different modes, wich i select by pushing the encoder below.
maybe: volume/ pitch / cutoff / resonance -> volume mode
and: panning/ direction / resolution/ length -> panning mode

so for part 1 to 15 i could change the choosen parameter with the stepencoder above in realtime.
for example: turn left, the direction goes backward, turn right is forward and so on

i think this would be a massive live feature!!!
u.n.i.t.e.d

Postby BarTholomai » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:44 am

@ u.n.i.t.e.d Nice idea to be Independet from the <select>, <Mute>, <Solo> when u want Tweak more then one [Part] with Cuttoff. . .

..signed
BarTholomai

Next pattern mix mode

Postby via » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:41 pm

This is like a a direct shortcut for motif/drum and tone swap between two patterns, its visual (numb button leds) and is very workflow friendly / direct ... I can see many stay a while in this mode when changing patterns, all in all it is brings new dimention to a live set..

When switching patterns
Confirm next pattetn Y /N
[Yes].  [No] 

The  num buttons: motif/ drum / pattern (led blink)
Motif= swaps motifs
Drum= swaps drums
Patter= swaps tone

By pressing the num buttons (sustained led) the motifs, drums and tone can swaped between the two patterns ... 
You can jump between motifs, drums and tone within the two patterns by pressing the num buttons again (toggle between patterns)

Thats it! Very simple and usefull for live.

Now to expand a bit on this..instead of this num mode being global it could be per track

By hitting motif num button  (sustained led) = dsynth and Asynth parts blink ( step 13-15) pressing one of the steps switches the selected  motifs from the next pattern
By pressing drum button (sustains led) = drum parts blink (step 1-12 & 16) pressing one of the drum parts changes the selected drum part whith next patter
By pressing pattern num button (sustaine led) =  the tone/sound of part

Allaow for user to save this mix pattern at any point (making this mode a usefull studio function for copy/paste or a quick and creative way for new alternitive patterns.
via

Postby u.n.i.t.e.d » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:30 am

13.) Filterbank Morphing: I know this is probably to much to ask for, but when we let away the envelope morphfunction in the Filterbankmenu and put in the possibility to morph between 2 different Filterbanksettings like on a Buchla 296e, i think this would be a more useful and a great soundshaping effect!
u.n.i.t.e.d

Postby u.n.i.t.e.d » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:17 pm

14.) Filter mute function: it would be great if we could mute the Filters from the A-Synth Section (24dbLP,12dbMM,Filterbank) in the VCA (Filter to Bus) Section, where we set the outputlevel. maybe by pushing the encoder under the associated Filter for muting.
u.n.i.t.e.d

Postby u.n.i.t.e.d » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:23 pm

here are a line of thoughts i have about the improvment of the mod sequencer line control. my wish is, if we press target by sequence edit, that we can mute every mod-line with the proper stepbutton, so when i want mute modseqline 13, we just press stepbutton 13. to reach the lines from 17 to 24 we turn the tempo encoder right. With the stepencoder we could set the modulation amount for the seq.target (positiv/negativ) and by preesing the encoder, we can see wich target the choosen modline have.
u.n.i.t.e.d

Postby u.n.i.t.e.d » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:10 am

Da es neue Update-Gerüchte bezüglich Spectralis gibt, wollte ich nur kurz daran erinnern das wenn manche meiner angegebenen Wishlist-Features es ins nächste Update schaffen (allen voran die muteable sequencerlines) ich sehr glücklich darüber wäre :D

because of the new spectralis update rumor i want to emphasize that i hope that some of my wishlist features, especially the muteable sequencerlines, will be implemented in the next update :mrgreen:
u.n.i.t.e.d

Postby u.n.i.t.e.d » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:59 am

15.) control per step of the timing, resolution,velocity, restart ect. of all drumparts via a global mod-seq.line on part 16. so we could control on one seqline the complete drums for a more extensive expression
u.n.i.t.e.d

Postby u.n.i.t.e.d » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:45 pm

16.) If i´s possible to route sounds from the external inputs through the direct outs or a-synth out, we could use the spectralis as a storable patchbay or mixing the ext. sound with internal before it runs into external effectprocessor
Last edited by u.n.i.t.e.d on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u.n.i.t.e.d

Postby blacksun » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:53 am

An update for Spectralis 1
any update
any enhancements that improve things
some demonstration that this machine is still even thought about by RT
blacksun

PreviousNext

Return to Spectralis Wishlist