The Complete Wishlist Thread

Help to make the spectralis your personal dream instrument.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: The Complete Wishlist Thread

Postby Leshrac » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:20 pm

hey .. wishlist is like christmas, christmas is like a children birthday party.
the topic opener sayd he´ll update the list or something. i didnt realize that.
http://www.blattrecords.net || http://www.facebook.com/Leshrac.music || http://www.myspace.com/leshracmusic
Leshrac

Postby sonicwarrior » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:05 pm

He cannot update the list anymore because editing has been disabled. An alternative might to make an Open Office document and attach it. Everyone who adds wishes simply attaches the new version. This would work until we blow up the database. :mrgreen:

Anyway I have some wishes, too. I didn't read the whole thread so it maybe that they have already been posted:

- Removing all sounds which include samples that cannot be found from the category selection.
- Better init functions for patterns and songs. If I'm not missing something you can only init motifs and sounds, not whole pattern or songs
- Possibility to copy a song to another song and overwrite it
- Possibility to copy a pattern to another song

I have copied the stuff from the first page from via into an Open Office document which is attached (I didn't want to do all the work in case nobody cares). Let's see if this works. I have created different tables for Feature Requests, Missing Features and Bugs so it could be a document for them all. Let's refer to Feature Requests as FR<number>, Missung Features as MF<number> and Bugs as B<number>. Makes it easier to talk about them.

Btw.: What's the difference between a wish and a missing feature? I don't get it. Personally I would say a missing feature is e.g. a button without a function like the freeze button but via seems to mean something different.

Edit: Removed V1 to help Jörg save bandwidth.
Last edited by sonicwarrior on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonicwarrior

Postby Leshrac » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:57 pm

hey sonicwarrior .. good JOB !!

i downloaded and expand it.

hope everyony do same ... so we get no trashtopic :)
Attachments
The Complete Spectralis Wishlist.zip
(12.61 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
http://www.blattrecords.net || http://www.facebook.com/Leshrac.music || http://www.myspace.com/leshracmusic
Leshrac

Postby sonicwarrior » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:36 pm

@Leshrac:
Please read the whole list before adding something to avoid duplicates. In your additions e.g. the LFO MIDI sync feature has already been listed as FR24 but you made a new entry MF15 for it.

As it is not clear what a 'missing feature' is I deleted this table and moved the entries mostly to the feature request table. I suggest features which are listed in the UI (display or front panel) but have no functions are treated as bugs. Features which would have to be implemented should be seen as 'feature requests'.
Maybe we need some guidelines. E.g. I would also suggest to be as atomic as possible, therefore FR60 should be divided into four feature requests.

Things to discuss:
  • a) FR61 sounds the same as FR23 which is more generic. I suggest to remove FR61 and add the concrete wish to FR23.
  • b) What shall we do with duplicates? I suggest to remove them but the keep the numbering so that e.g. if I delete FR61, FR62 is still FR62 and doesn't get to be FR61.
  • c) @via: FR26 sounds to me like you want multiple targets for a sequencer line, is that correct?
  • d) Feature requests and bug descriptions should be as detailed as possible to avoid misinterpretations. The following are not completely clear to me: FR11, FR19, FR25, FR32, FR37, FR39, FR40, FR42, FR52, FR60 (filter = cutoff?), FR64, FR65
  • e) Possible duplicates: FR6 vs. FR12, FR58 vs. FR59
  • f) Feature requests that are too generic: FR23, FR36, FR60

Edit: I'm currently including the bugs from viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1715 so please don't post a new version in the mean time.

Edit2: Removed V3 to help Jörg save bandwidth.
Last edited by sonicwarrior on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonicwarrior

Postby sonicwarrior » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:15 pm

I hope via still looks into this:
I have not included your UI improvement suggestions because they have a quite impressive text. Would be nice if you could include them yourself. Maybe it would help to add them in a short form to the list and make a new document for the the details. :idea:

I have included some more bugs, linked to this thread and the main bug thread and added a guidelines.txt.
Attachments
The complete Spectralis wish and bug list V4.zip
Wish and bug list version 4 in Open Office and PDF format + guidelines.txt
(65.43 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
sonicwarrior

Postby via » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:06 am

hey sonic ...
thanx for picking up the torch on this one ...
nice job on the list btw ...
I´ll try to clean the fanboy rant up in this thread a bit ...
hope the list continues to update ;)
regards..
via

Postby via » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:38 pm

sorry I don't have the required IQ and/or the attention span to figure how to edit an acrobat file..

Step seq
*probability in circular values

Dsynth sample playback

*Marco encoder = sample start
*Shift+Marco encoder = loop end/On (value 127= loop off)
* Index loopoint (On drum parts)
* Cross-fade option
*Sample start and Loop options can be modulated via step-lines and lfo´s

,,,think sample start point as target destination is already in there.. I´ll add these once I take the time to acrobat..
via

Postby sonicwarrior » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:41 pm

via wrote:sorry I don't have the required IQ and/or the attention span to figure how to edit an acrobat file..

The PDF is for viewing, not for editing. Use Open Office and the .odt file to edit the list.
sonicwarrior

Postby sonicwarrior » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Bump

sonicwarrior wrote:The PDF is for viewing, not for editing. Use Open Office and the .odt file to edit the list.

Anyone is still invited to participate. You can edit the .odt file with Open Office or Libre Office.
sonicwarrior

Postby pizzatime » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Please make delay volume and time sequencer destinations.. and Crush amount..
I thank you.
pizzatime

PreviousNext

Return to Spectralis Wishlist