Sequencer lock to key and scale/mode

Help to make the spectralis your personal dream instrument.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Sequencer lock to key and scale/mode

Postby uvacom » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:02 pm

Oh, boy. I'm always brimming full of ideas when I use the Spectralis, so this area of the forum should get a workout. :D

I think it would be really cool if there were an option in the sequencer line where if the destination is a pitched sound source, one could select a key and a scale or mode, and only those values which fit in the key and scale/mode selected would be available in the sequencer line.
uvacom

Re: Sequencer lock to key and scale/mode

Postby Administrator » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:16 pm

uvacom wrote:Oh, boy. I'm always brimming full of ideas when I use the Spectralis, so this area of the forum should get a workout. :D

I think it would be really cool if there were an option in the sequencer line where if the destination is a pitched sound source, one could select a key and a scale or mode, and only those values which fit in the key and scale/mode selected would be available in the sequencer line.

You may tried the two step by step recording modes already available. There is a third one coming soon that will work in a way you are describing it. This new mode will be a little bit similar to the drum grid mode with the difference, that you can select one of those note memories for each step by turning the step encoder. This mode will work monophonic on the hybrid synth and polyphonic on the DSP synth. This new mode will alow to create very complex rhythmical motifs because like at the drumgrid, it will be possible to select a 192th resolution grid.
This mode also will allow to add individual note lengths to the different steps.

However, scaling the pitch encoder lines of the step sequencers in a different way or defining user scales etc. is also a nice feature and not so hard to implement.
We also will add soon the opportunity to define the note steps via MIDI. That is something completly different - but also a nice opportunity to reach a desired target.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby zsoltt » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:33 am

Hi, I am new here.
I see that this is a very old topic, but I'd like to ask: are the mentioned improvements all successfully implemented since then?
zsoltt

Postby acemonvw » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:28 pm

Damn it zsoltt,

I thought this was a new thread because you raised it from the dead!!!!

Augh!!!

But to answer your question, no, none of this has been implemented.
acemonvw

Return to Spectralis Wishlist