Ask to switch patterns

Help to make the spectralis your personal dream instrument.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Ask to switch patterns

Postby acemonvw » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Last night I was working on the drum beat to a track. It was awesome. I went to save it: Clicked save and thought I clicked pattern and then song and then clicked the button for the pattern I wanted to select.

It switched patterns on me without giving me the option to not change patterns. I lost everything.

Changing songs you have the option of 'change song?' yes or no, but it would've saved me some of my work if this option was available for patterns too!

Not a huge deal, but it was frustrating to lose all my work while TRYING to save! Hah.
Last edited by acemonvw on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
acemonvw

Re: Ask to switch patterns always

Postby thetechnobear » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:26 pm

ouch :( ... im sure your next version was better !

I dont like the fact that the load options (no,ask,save) are global...

I tend to usually keep it as 'save' (for developing tracks) but then you dont want this when 'performing' , when no is preferred.

the issue with it being 'global' (and not prominently displayed) , is it easy to forget, and if you have it in the wrong mode (ie. save when performing, or no when developing) , it does exactly what you dont want.

... ask i find the worst of both worlds, its just a constant nag in either situation :)

perhaps if there was some kind of 'performance/studio' mode, or a per project setting (locked/unlocked) which was prominently displayed... and then this load behaviour was inferred from this.

also a small bug... whilst we are on the topic of saving.
when you have an 'empty' pattern, then you can see it empty when you come to save patterns, as the button is not lit, this is super useful.

BUT if you save to a pattern, and then later use init on it, to 'delete it', then when you come to do save, the button is still lit! I notice this most, when Im testing out different variations... and once Ive decided on 'the one', i then want to clear the 'rejects'.. for now I tend to just put the 'alts' on P17, so I dont see them... and then clear them later, by connect to the computer, and deleting them. a bit OCD i know ;)

(iirc the same is true of songs... but its a while since i did this, and usually I delete/archive songs form the computer anyway, so not a real problem)
thetechnobear

Re: Ask to switch patterns always

Postby acemonvw » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:45 pm

I think since there's no real way to delete patterns on the device, clearing everything out just won't do it. The Spectralis assumes there's something there. I believe you could, on your computer, delete those patterns (if you know which ones to delete), and I bet the 'saved' patterns would no longer light up. Just a thought.

I agree about the option to ask to save or not ask.
acemonvw

Re: Ask to switch patterns

Postby via » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:12 pm

there is an option in the system menu that lets you set this

one is .. it will save before a switch automaticly
one will not save and just switch and 3rd option
will ask you Y or N

.. dont know if this is what you mean, but if you haven´t cheeked that, this might be what you are looking for
via

Postby via » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:23 pm

and ..yhea save an empty pattern over an existing one to clear pattern :wink:
via

Postby acemonvw » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:03 am

Oh - I didn't know that, lol. I'll check that out. Might be perfect!

Thanks via :)
acemonvw

Return to Spectralis Wishlist