Pimp the DSP engine Sample-Library

Share your ideas, sounds, patterns, samples and tips here!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Postby olli » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:55 pm

So, last week the sample library arrived and this is a wonderfull piece of work ! The 3 dsp-synth parts were rarely used by me because everything beside the hybrid-engine sounds a little bit ... :roll: ... to me :wink:
I was especially interested in the multisamples of the hybridsynth-engine but
i had to think twice if i should buy it or not. When Jörg says they´ll take the dspparts to another level, there must be something true with this statement.

After loading some of them, tweaking and sequencing these samples for a couple of days i have to say that he was right and these samples sounds really :shock: and there are a lot of well programmed extra timbres beside the raw samples.

For the tweakers I highly recommended the hybridsynth-multisamples, there´ll go a lot for really nice sounds !

All in one, well done & thumbs up.
olli

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Hey Olli,

thanks for your kind comments!

Nice weekend,

Joerg
Jörg Schaaf

Postby Josh » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi
Just wanted to say I got the sample cd and the samples are great, they are all of excellent quality and there is much room for further tweaking and customization. That said I was wondering if I could get a list of the SSB presets that are included. There is a list of all the samples but not of the presets that have been made of them, like the hybrid synth unconvent ssb....etc. It would be useful for reference to have a list of the samples, and which presets are linked to them in the soundbanks. I would like to systematically check out some of these new sounds, (Joerg's presets), without getting them confused with ones I already got. Hope I'm not being confusing, but a lot of the presets are really nice and I would love to find them all without struggle
Thanks
Josh
Josh

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:18 am

A little parser program would be not bad that automaticly lists soundbanks with the soundnames and samples.
By the way - the Hybrid Synth Soundbank "unconvent." is only using the Hybrid engine - there is no sample involved. I made this soundbank mostly for creating basic sounds for my multisampling but tweaked some further after the sampling was done.
All the other soundbanks have names according the sampleset they are using (sometimes shortened a little bit). The soundbanks are always using only one sampleset and every sample set comes with a dedicated soundbank. If you just drag and drop one sample set and one preset bank onto the flash memory and reboot afterwards, you have only access to the sounds of this soundbank and sampleset.
I explained the reason for doing so inside the manual.

Thanks for your kind words! I will try to build a program that creates sound-name lists with sample set references and category listings for all the presets. But at the moment I am quite busy with the Spectralis assembling stuff...
Jörg Schaaf

Postby markaugust » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:17 pm

just got it; and worth every penny
awesome new sounds
awesome awesome machine (really turning out to be my new love in the studio)
I am working on a remix for pokerflat at the moment; and bassline, noise groove and freaky melody i added are all spectralis
will keep you guys posted on when that gets released!!!
markaugust

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 am

I am happy to announce, that the Sample library can now purchased with paypal. That reduces costs for customers from foreign countries and makes it possible to pay with credit cards as well.

english:
http://www.spectralis.de/english/Sample ... aryus.html

german:
http://www.spectralis.de/german/SampleL ... aryde.html
New users please check the following link for forum activation:
http://www.forum.radikaltechnologies.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=921
http://www.myspace.com/jorgschaaf
http://www.youtube.com/user/SCHAAFJOERG
Jörg Schaaf

Postby cubedecibel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Hey. I'm pretty interested in the new sample library, but the question is. How much space will it take in the spectralis?.

Jörg Schaaf wrote:I am currently preparing a new hybrid synth bank with 100 new patches. But this set will become available for free of charge.

Are those included in the sample-library vol 1? Or Isn't it inished yet?

take care- Mike :)
stebick & tallark
cubedecibel

Postby Administrator » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:28 pm

The sample library contains much more than the Spectralis memory can hold at a time. Just imagine, the sample library would be so small, that the entire content can be loaded into the machine. Then people for sure would complain, that they are paying 89 Euros for a handfull samples. ;-)
But I am sure, you will for example not use the piano multisample in each song. So I prepared a multisample with 30 MB just for the piano. If you need it, you can load it. And it sounds for sure better, than a 1 MB piano that loads together with hundreds of other samples.
There is a bonus file on the CD with new Hybrid Synthesizer sounds.

Each sample file has it's own soundbank with example sounds based on the provided samples. Some samples, like the "Tomita" Sawtooth mix multisample comes with not less than 40 sounds from basses to pads and from seq1uencer sounds to brass sounds. So all together the sample library contains hundreds of new sounds.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby cubedecibel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:40 pm

Ah. Allrighty then :) I will order a copy of the cd after the payday, So you can continue with future updates ;)
stebick & tallark
cubedecibel

PreviousNext

Return to Spectralis User Community