Pimp the DSP engine Sample-Library

Share your ideas, sounds, patterns, samples and tips here!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Organizing Samples on OS X

Postby lloyd40 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:17 pm

TIP 1:

I just spent a few hours figuring out a way to organize my samples and soundbanks better. I have a tip to share if you are using a Mac to load files via USB onto your memory cards and flash storage.

Since the specki allows 8 Soundbanks per category, ASynth, DSyth, Drums, it is very helpful to know very quickly which soundbanks and samples are in which is these 3 categories so you can maximize your loaded soundbanks and samples. The trick in OS X is to use the color-labeling tags in the Finder to color code your sample files and soundbanks. Use Command-I to bring up the info dialog on each file and select a color tag for each file. You can do this directly on the files inside the mounted disks for each memory card OR you can do it on your harddrive first and transfer the files after.

Now it is really easy to visually see the organization and count up your soundbanks. When you browse the files from the specki you will see an extra file for each file which is used by OS X to store the tagging metadata. This does not seem to negatively effect the specki as it cannot load the file. The extra files are 4096 bytes which is quite small and minimal overhead.

TIP2:

Since spotlight will try to index your mounted disks, it is also a good idea to disable spotlight for your memory cards. This will also free up a little disk space.

Go to System Preferences->Spotlight
Under the privacy tab, add your specki disks to the privacy list so they will not be indexed by Spotlight.

Cheers,
Chris
lloyd40

Postby henryoakley » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:32 am

Hi, can anyone tell me which of the standard SSB files that come with the spectralis are for which synth... some are obvious (like analogie and DSP Velo) but others aren't... does anyone know which belong to which??? thanks :D
henryoakley

Postby blacksun » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:48 pm

I thought they were all for the dsp synths except the 'extra' hybrid ssb file. Each ssb file is to demonstrate the sorts of sounds you can get with each sample file?
blacksun

Postby henryoakley » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Oh yeah in the sample CD that's right, but i mean for the 7 original factory settings that came with machine... anyone know which are which, Hsynth/Dsynth/Drums???
henryoakley

Postby hotkeys » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Jörg Schaaf wrote:During the last three weeks I produced a lot of new multisamples including several DX-7 patches, very cool TLM sounds full of spectral animation, drum samples, multiple oscillator patches etc. You can listen to a bunch of new sample-demos. Comments are welcomed. So far, I am very satisfied with the results. All samples beside the drum samples are based on multisamples between 11 and 44 single samples to get the best possible sonic results. However - for a lot of sounds I already made "LoFi" versions with less samples but less memory consumption as well.

I hope you enjoy the new demos. The sample set is becoming more complete every day.

Great demos!
hotkeys

Re: Pimp the DSP engine Sample-Library

Postby Leshrac » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:09 am

http://www.blattrecords.net || http://www.facebook.com/Leshrac.music || http://www.myspace.com/leshracmusic
Leshrac

Previous

Return to Spectralis User Community