Limited Availability - xD Card adapters + 128 MB xD Card

Share your ideas, sounds, patterns, samples and tips here!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Limited Availability - xD Card adapters + 128 MB xD Card

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:11 pm

The good news:

We have found a source for xD Card smartmedia adapters. I am happy to announce, that we found a source for 128 MB xD cards as well. We will offer a set with a 128 MB xD card together with a xD card adapter for 49 € including handling and shipping within the EU and 59.- Euro outside the EU. We are only getting a limited number of sets.

You can order your cardset directly at j.schaaf@raditec.de.

Please include the shipping adress with your order.

Tha bad news:

After our stock is gone, we probably will never get these sets again and we have not enough to sell a set to every Spectralis user.
Jörg Schaaf

Postby S&H » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi Joerg,
maybe you remember, i did bought two diffrent XD -> SM Adapters a while ago and tested them. But at this they did not work.
Maybe i missed that, should i give them a try again, did they work now? I should have also one 128mb xD card, so is this the only size which work,? because i have bigger ones for my camera, 512MB should be a nice one ffoor Spectralis...
S&H

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:39 pm

We are not allowed to support xD cards above 128 MB. There are licensing reasons. The chips have an ID which is not public. Please send me your card slot adapter.. I will check that then. We and already some other users here in the forum are using adapters with xD cards. But any card above 128 MB can't work. Unfortunatly it is already very hard to get a 128MB card at the market. For that reason, I ordered a bunch of them at a source, that also only has a limited quantity on stock.
Jörg Schaaf

Postby S&H » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:37 pm

mhm..., well Joerg, i will try the adapters again. It was with an older OS, so, i will see what happens. Yes Computer gear is a problem, it grows so fast and you can build every 6 month a new one if you want to be actual.
Anyhow, the question is, does it make sence to build this slots still into spectralis? Which other format is free to use and how much work is it to change the OS for that. Oh, oh, i don't like this thought's as well, because for me and the other owners the question comes up, is it possible to upgrade older spc to the new format, how does the case look afterwards (i would not care so much about that) or do we have to stay with empty slots?
As far as i remember it is not so easy to make the usb-port work as host, isn't it? Another USB-Port which work as Host would be als a fine idea, well i don't need GB for Samples, but a device which can keep hundrets of songs and patterns including all samples etc. is not so bad.
At the moment i belong to the lucky people which still have enough SM-Cards, because i had an old camera which was working with them, so...
S&H

Postby Septic » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:08 am

I ordered 10 x 128mb SM cards a while ago (8 still in the package) so I hope they will not be corrupted in the next 10 years or so....

Maybe, a USB port will help indeed to hook up an external HDD or something like that (or even a USB memory-stick)

Atm I am quite happy with the 96+ 2x 128 mb MEM I got in the Speck now. (I mainly use it as a drumachine, no mulitsampled pads or so ;) )
Underground Elektro Booty Bass
http://www.myspace.com/septicstudio
Septic

US Supplier for SmartMedia Adapter

Postby lloyd40 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:13 am

I was looking for smart media cards and found a good supplier in the US.

You can get Smart Media adapters

http://www.memorysuppliers.com/xdtosmmeadco.html

And then buy standard 128meg XD cards for them.

This is a cheap and flexible solution and reasonable as well.
lloyd40

Return to Spectralis User Community