Spectralis + Eurorack

Share your ideas, sounds, patterns, samples and tips here!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Spectralis + Eurorack

Postby thetechnobear » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi
Loving my Spec 1 still :) and Ive a question, about how to perhaps make it even more useful (for me)

Im thinking of plunging down the Eurorack rabbit hole...
principally my idea is to build up the modular system quite slowly, and to keep the size (and cost!) under control

Now Im thinking that the Spectralis could play an interesting and important role for me, especially at the outset whilst the rack is small.

In particular:
- with a MidiCv module, I can make use of it as a sequencer.
- use outputs, to send digital samples.
- use as a 'drum machine'
- use input from eurorack, into the Analog filter, which given I'm using the sequencer can then be modulaed by the sequencer.

On the eurorack side, Im thinking possibly analog oscillators, and perhaps some 'interesting' logic/function modules... though I have to say the MI modules look interesting (i.e I like the sounds, I know digital) in particular Elements + Clouds, which could make interesting effects modules for the Spectralis.

I wondered is anyone else doing this... does it work well, or are there 'difficulties', any recommendations on modules that might complement the Spectralis particularly well ?
Last edited by thetechnobear on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
thetechnobear

Re: Spectralis + Eurorack

Postby via » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:37 pm

its a great concept that I´ve tinkered with doing myself, I´m not to much of a modular buff, so I can´t help you with recommendations, but the MI products look & sound awesome ..

the A-synth output is always live so having just a dedicated signal-path for them into euro seams logical and I was thinking of a system that would have 6 inputs for all the spectralis tracks, filling the eurorack with processing modules, filters and VCA that can saturate and overdrive, LPG, spring verbs etc but I´m determined to giving my analog mixer and outboard a go first before I invest into eurorack .. (the few times I´ve had all my gear up the spectralis sounded amazing with full blown progressing, so I can only imagine the same will happen once connected to a nice eurorack system :wink:

as for routing into the Asynth, ... well I routed the Microwave mk1 through the Asynth (running modified midi copies of the A-lines step lines) and this layering/routing sounded absolutely stunning (wish I had recorded that) .. so having some eruorack OSC´s/synth architecture for layering into the Asynth is just more power2u..

I´d say GO for it !!
via

Re: Spectralis + Eurorack

Postby thetechnobear » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks... yeah, I think it could be very cool too, and an easy way into starting a eurorack system.

but, Im faffing a bit, at deciding which modules I want... I guess i should really try to clear up which direction I'm trying to head.
thetechnobear

Return to Spectralis User Community