Is it possible to nudge one event in groove edit?

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Is it possible to nudge one event in groove edit?

Postby joshelevator » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:32 pm

I cant seem to see how to do this. I have a kick drum pattern going in the groove edit. In order for my second kick (of that pattern) to line up with a long imported sample i have going, i need to be able to nudge the kick just a bit to the right. I looked for something like "offset" and see that mentioned (I believe in the filterbank), but nothing is jumping out as related to "offset" in the the normal "groove edit" sequencer. After about an hour of trying to figure this out, I figured I'd ask you all. Without the ability to nudge sounds/samples. I would need to use an external sequencer which I'm hoping to avoid. I'm just really starting to understand this great sounding instrument but am missing a just a few super-importnat concepts (like nudge), which i have yet to figure out with the manual. Using the Spec as just a sound module is fine,. but doing all drums (especially imported-samples hits!) would be killer. Thanks in advance if any of you all know if there is an ability to nudge specific note events.
joshelevator

Re: Is it possible to nudge one event in groove edit?

Postby joshelevator » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:02 pm

I think I just figured it out - for the smallest nudge possible (at this tempo), I need to adjust the resolution to 192, and then move it over one step. For this song, that doesn't quite work (a 192nd movement is a bit too much).

I'm thinking this is as "detailed" a nudge as is possible. Sound right? Any other way to nudge/offset an event?
joshelevator

Postby acemonvw » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Aren't you able to nudge the sample instead? By changing the start time or something? Or is this only at 1 beat? I can't tell if it's one beat or the whole drum pattern you're trying to fix.
acemonvw

Postby acemonvw » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:05 pm

joshelevator wrote:I think I just figured it out - for the smallest nudge possible (at this tempo), I need to adjust the resolution to 192, and then move it over one step. For this song, that doesn't quite work (a 192nd movement is a bit too much).

I'm thinking this is as "detailed" a nudge as is possible. Sound right? Any other way to nudge/offset an event?

For one note, yes, I think this is the most detailed nudge possible. Depending on where it is on the beat, you could potentially add swing to that part to shift it even more subtly, but again, I'm not sure what you're doing entirely.
acemonvw

Return to Helpdesk