DSP Synth VCA

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

DSP Synth VCA

Postby Gonzini » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:07 pm

I'm at home being I'll so spending some time with the Speckie
So, VCA triggering modes for the DSP synth.
I can't find the usual trigger modes you would exoect to find for the VCA envelope, are they hidden somewhere?
Got a sample loaded up with its own SSB, it's set to poly for sample playback but if I trigger the same note while it's still in release it abruptly cuts the first note off and re -triggers.
Triggering a different note dosen't cut the release off the first still sounding.
I'll add that this is triggering from the built in keyboard buttons, not tried a midi keyboard yet.
Gonzini

Re: DSP Synth VCA

Postby acemonvw » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Gonzini wrote:I'm at home being I'll so spending some time with the Speckie
So, VCA triggering modes for the DSP synth.
I can't find the usual trigger modes you would exoect to find for the VCA envelope, are they hidden somewhere?
Got a sample loaded up with its own SSB, it's set to poly for sample playback but if I trigger the same note while it's still in release it abruptly cuts the first note off and re -triggers.
Triggering a different note dosen't cut the release off the first still sounding.
I'll add that this is triggering from the built in keyboard buttons, not tried a midi keyboard yet.

I commented about this years ago. It does the exact same thing using a midi keyboard as well. It shouldn't do that, but it does. I didn't really feel satisfied by the response I got. But you're not doing anything wrong.

It's really noticeable when playing pianos or pads for me. The abrupt cutoff really shows. And this isn't exactly how a real piano would behave, so it definitely can be an issue if you're going for authentic.
acemonvw

Re: DSP Synth VCA

Postby Gonzini » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:19 am

Ok, at least it not me I think I remember running into that before but it's been a while. We need some options on the triggering of the envelopes like you get on any synth unless it's completely basic in design.
Anyway I had a few tracks running just messing about with the 24 track and X32 and it does sound good. Not got any other gear connected up at the moment.
Cheers
Gonzini

Return to Helpdesk