Asynth velocity to volume?(ampltude modulation)

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Asynth velocity to volume?(ampltude modulation)

Postby rbhall7ice » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:51 am

Excuse the probably stupid question - can't the velocity sensitivity for asynth volume(loudness) be controlled ? - am i forgetting something after not using it for a long while? frustrated.. step sequencing trying to adjust amp env velocity and can't figure it out.Osc wave page 26 does not seem to do anything.
-help needed-
Last edited by rbhall7ice on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbhall7ice

Re: Asynth velocity to volume?

Postby BarTholomai » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:24 am

hm.. i am not sure what u want to try. Do You want to give your Seq. Line more Dynamic?

The Page 26/27:VCO Velocity Level Scaling does only effect with Page 25/27:VCO Keyboard Level Scaling and configured Page 1/4:VCO1 Keyboard Level Scaling.

Means: Base on Configured Keyboard Level Scaling, higher notes are louder than lower notes.
BarTholomai

Re: Asynth velocity to volume?(ampltude modulation)

Postby rbhall7ice » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:08 pm

thanks BarTholomai -
I'm trying to do amplitude modulation on the asynth basically.
something like the harder you play the note , the louder it is.(simple right?)
or for example modwheel controlling lfo/volume instead of lfo/cutoff.(tremolo)
also instead of step sequencer velocity/step controlling only filter cutoff-doing amplitude instead.
It must do it- ?
i tried again 26/27 with 25/27+submenu on single oscillator and can't even notice
key scaling working.(hikey/lowkey)
Ultimately i just want to edit step sequencer triggers amp/velo settings which i'm pretty sure
i did a couple years ago -unless that was a dsynth part.
even the manual i can't find anything on modulating asynth volume (amplitude)
once again-i've tried to find the interelation between 26/27,25/27,and 1/4:VCO1 Keyboard Level Scaling
along with adjusting levels in filter and vca section and cannot hear anything happening
on a side note - the VEL>VCA in red in the vca doesn't seem to do anything if that might be related
rbhall7ice

Postby aquapher » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:37 am

Its not there. We'd like it to be. Speck 2 has a 'shift' label in the vca section for VEL>VCA which I'd love to have work.

Velocity to filter ENV would be pretty nice since we're talking about it. Every other synth in the world has it.

I imagine they'll work it out eventually.
aquapher

Postby rbhall7ice » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:31 am

Man.. You would think this would be considered one of those "essential" features - even the simplest synths can use LFO to amplitude.
But yeah - *hey if your listening out there , some amplitude modulation for Asynth deserves some love*.
I agree they must be planning it - how hard can it be to.. anyways thanks for your info.
This doesn't keep me from enjoying the unit - just a bit befuddling - i thought there might be something wrong with mine
of course.
thanks again
rbhall7ice

Return to Helpdesk