TUTORIAL REQUEST

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

TUTORIAL REQUEST

Postby sicks » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well.

Please can someone ( ahem... acemonov) do a tutorial on adding groove to a pattern, I have followed the instructions in the manual and have never got it to sound any different... It is meant to be like swing?

Also please can someone do a tutorial on the step edit sequencer and chord sequencer... I never use them but should!!!

Thanks in advance...
sicks

Re: TUTORIAL REQUEST

Postby Gonzini » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Have a look through Midera's youtube channel.

Radikal Technologies Spectralis Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... aWA8eu1M9k
Gonzini

Postby acemonvw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:25 pm

I'm not sure I have anything related to 'groove', but perhaps if I have some downtime I'll see what I can do related to this.

It definitely works, it's just a matter of understanding 'how' it works... and to be honest, I don't think I have that answer. But I DO use it, so let me see if I can figure it out and make a video.
acemonvw

Postby acemonvw » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:50 pm

One thing I've never really understood is when you use a negative value for the groove. It often screws up beat and sound bad. So I only use it in the forward direction (which I think is the way it was intended to be used).
acemonvw

Postby Fluence » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:57 pm

If you think of the 50% swing of the mpc or others. I think the minus values move the swinged 8th or whatever the quantization is to the note before it. So it goes below 50% swing(which is no swing, it's in the middle of the 8th in front and after it) If you move it to the next 8th note it gets over the 50%.

I hope this makes sense.
Fluence

Postby acemonvw » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:42 pm

It does make sense. I hadn't thought about that, so I'm curious to see if this is the actual behavior.

I'll test sometime soon :)
acemonvw

Postby sicks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the info on the groove function. I finally got it working by creating a ASYNTH line for Trigger group 1, switching the groove on and the second screen then switching the groove on on the GROOVE edit section and selecting pattern instead of song...

Now here is my next question, can you set a different groove to each line-part or is it the same for all the parts on the pattern.

For example on my MPC you could put the snare on a different "groove" than the rest of the sounds in the pattern, is this possible on the spectralis?

Thanks.
sicks

Postby acemonvw » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:46 pm

sicks wrote:Now here is my next question, can you set a different groove to each line-part or is it the same for all the parts on the pattern.

Groove is shared for all tracks. You just have the capacity to turn on or off the groove for each part.
acemonvw

Return to Helpdesk