Issues with backup

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Issues with backup

Postby teslacoil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi, thank you all in advance for your consideration.

My spectralis 2 connected to mac advice me it doesn't have enough space while I'm trying to backup factory samples.

Shoud I format in MS-DOS(FAT) in order to restore the former situation.

I think has something to do with this. From utility Disc I see there is used space although i deleted the samples, so it's empty but appears not to be.

Thanks
teslacoil

Re: Issues with backup

Postby via » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:45 am

You can formatt you HD from within the spectralis
via

Postby namnibor » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:14 pm

via wrote:You can formatt you HD from within the spectralis

Correct me if I a wrong or it's been resolved, but I recall specifically that forum member musician "Acemonvw/Midera" had a huge problem when he formatted his drive or maybe a card, it wiped his O.S. or something, might want to check to see if this could potentially happen. Again, not sure if OP has a Spec 1 or 2, but "Acemonvw/Midera" has a Spec 2.

Please correct/inform me if am confusing this with a different issue. Just trying to avoid a problem. :shock:
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Postby acemonvw » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:33 pm

teslacoil wrote:My spectralis 2 connected to mac advice me it doesn't have enough space while I'm trying to backup factory samples.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that your computer warns you it doesn't have enough space to back up samples? Or is your spectralis saying that?

What are you trying to accomplish? If you're trying to backup your spectralis onto your computer, you should simply need to highlight everything within your spectralis drive and drag/copy to another location on your hard drive.

DO NOT try to format an SD drive in your spectralis. You WILL Wipe your entire INTERNAL hard drive on your spectralis.

Also, if you remove files from your spectralis into the trash bin but don't empty your trashbin, the files will still be present on your drive (thus it will show that you still don't have available memory).
acemonvw

Postby teslacoil » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi, thank you Midera.

It's the computer saying me that. After deleted the samples, I emptied the bin.

Now the spectralis is empty, and i want to recover the former situation. so i want to put the backup into the spectralis, but the computer keeps saying me "not enough space".

Can I format through Utility Disc the MS-DOS (fat)?

I Cleaned up the memory of the spectralis pressing [ClearSound]. What can i do now?

Thanks.
teslacoil

Return to Helpdesk