disturb playing with knob

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

disturb playing with knob

Postby teslacoil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:11 pm

http://soundcloud.com/inifuss_dnb/crunchy

I tried to record from the exit Sum and playing with filterbank knob I noticed a disturb kind of crunchy like when there is powder in the knob.

Is there anything i can do to sort it out?

Thanks
teslacoil

Re: disturb playing with knob

Postby via » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:43 am

Well if its dirt (not sure how that works on digital encoders) but on analogs it sometimes works to just twist the knob back and forth fast for a minute and usually the crackel improves and often goes away competely .. You can goggle it there are cemicals awalible to, common problem on old mixers ect.
via

Re: disturb playing with knob

Postby namnibor » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:03 pm

I have very similar high end encoders on my Waldorf Q Keyboard and Microwave XT with exception they are not the push-type but still optical endless encoders, and with non-use or very lessor used encoders, the lubrication within can become simply a bit stiff.
Like VIA advised, but going a bit further to be effective if it's the problem is to actually turn each encoder both full directions about 20 times, and according to Waldorfian Mailing List-Server Archives, this through friction/heat causes that inherent lubrication to be distributed evenly again.
May seem obvious but when not using your Spectralis, just placing a hand towel or some kind of cover to keep the dust and cat and critter hair out and all the dead skin cells we humans shed daily...eww. :shock:

Hope this solves your issue. I would not try any Deoxit at all before trying the above then sending a message to Master Jorg, to make sure it's a wise move as it may not be. :shock:
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Return to Helpdesk