Restore to factory settings

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Restore to factory settings

Postby koenig » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi,

I recently bought a second hand Spectralis II and I feel that the most prudent thing to do, just to save my sanity, is to reset the whole thing and start from scratch. Problem is that I have no idea how I do that.

My unit came with no cable, no manual - essentially no nothing - and I in my search for how to do a factory restore stumbled over a posting that mentioned a CD. Which I do not have... :(

So: can I restore the thing, using only downloadable resources, and how do I do this?

Cheers,

K
koenig

Re: Restore to factory settings

Postby monoman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Have a look at this link here:

http://www.radikaltechnologies.com/spec ... brary.html

This CD contains the factory samples if i am right.
monoman

Postby koenig » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:35 pm

monoman wrote:Have a look at this link here:

http://www.radikaltechnologies.com/spec ... brary.html

This CD contains the factory samples if i am right.

Well, that's a bummer. I thought I could find it for download somewhere.

I suppose I can restore the firmware by installing the 1.50 software again but that would probably leave me with nothing in the machine - no songs, no sounds and no demos. Since I am totally new to the thing and it seems to be a wee bit intimidating to say the least, doing a total reset seemed to be the logical thing.

I wonder where that CD went; the chap I bought the device from did not have it. Looks like I will have to try to track down all the previous owners. Bother.
koenig

Postby acemonvw » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:31 pm

I PMed you koenig

Let me know if you received it (sometimes my messages sit in my outbox, say they're sent, but probably are not).
acemonvw

Postby ModularOverkill » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:58 pm

So is there no way for a Speckie II owner (just got mine used) without the CD to pick up the sounds and factory banks without buying the CD linked here? If I buy the CD is there a way to get a download link instead (I don't have a computer with CD drive).
ModularOverkill

Return to Helpdesk