Some questions

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Some questions

Postby sicks » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 am

Hi Guys, it has been a while but I'm back on the forum because I have some questions...
For the last six months I have been running the Spectralis with a completely empty performance folder, no samples or presets just using the sequencer and monophonic synth in an attempt to really get to know the machine. My favourite discovery so far in using a trigger group to sequence the low pass filter then creating varying velocities to modulate the resonance of the LPF whilst the trigger group creates envelopes for the cut off...

So first question is what effect does the MLFO sequencer line have on the the MFLO? Is it a sort of reset function I have been trying to work out it's effect but can't place it.

Secondly, I know this sounds crazy and probably is a stupid question and the reason I am asking is to make sure this is not dangerous to the machine before I try is... Is it possible to create a midi after touch sequencer line then plug the midi out of the Spectralis back into the midi in of the Spectralis and use the aftertouch midi data to modulate the MM filter?

Thanks in advance.
sicks

Re: Some questions

Postby via » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:20 pm

then creating varying velocities to modulate the resonance of the LPF whilst the trigger group creates envelopes for the cut off...

Interesting ... will have to try this .. so velocity is available as reso modulation option in the filter section? (I don´t remember this being a step line target)..

what effect does the MLFO sequencer line have on the the MFLO? Is it a sort of reset function I have been trying to work out it's effect but can't place it.

I thought it was depth .. but I don´t have the spk right now and I haven´t done much as in: stepline > LFO .. so much to discover, even after all these years .. ;) ... just discovered the step: ''offset'' in the FB lines (awesome stuff..

Is it possible to create a midi after touch sequencer line then plug the midi out of the Spectralis back into the midi in of the Spectralis and use the aftertouch midi data to modulate the MM filter?

^
8) :wink:
via

Postby sicks » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks for the reply, yeah the velocity modulation is pretty amazing... If I create a sequencer line for Trigger group 1 for example, then route that trigger group to say OSC 1, then route OSC 1 to the 24pLPF, the velocity settings from that sequencer line can be used to modulate the RES of the 24pLPF...

In terms of the midi out to midi in, I was working out ways of getting additional modulation sources without using all the trigger groups... I'm going to try creating a sequencer line for midi after touch and see if that can modulate the MM filter without the use of a midi lead first.

Lots to learn.
sicks

Postby via » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:10 am

So you are running out of seq lines and are trying to save a line with some perverted midi? :shock: ;) .. Ok just don't sent it midi clock to itself as you are going to get a midi loop .. but I dunno seam like a rather excessive way to go about it.. as if it´s save I dunno .. I´ve heard stories ...spectralis experiments like this have been known open up a porthole to the 4th density 8)

Also on the topic of discoveries, I find that little Decay envelopes with moderate setting gives for a highly programmable Accent behavior ;) ... really love that trick
via

Postby namnibor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:09 pm

BuseyMonster.jpg
BuseyMonster.jpg (33.42 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
I never came back right from the Spectralis Porthole...created a wormhole within a wormhole now my whole reality is:
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Postby via » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Image ...What da F
via

Return to Helpdesk