Buglist in OS 1.5 (UPDATE: Dec 14th 2014, new bugs)

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: Buglist in OS 1.5 (UPDATE: JULY 3rd 2013, new bugs)

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:58 pm

I answered quite similar threads a lot of times in the past. Sequencerlines never controlled the arpeggiator. The arpeggiator is not visible for the step sequencer. The arpeggiator works together with the pattern sequencer. That works fine. A sequence line is a monophonic sequencer line. You can not even enter chords for the arpeggiator. I would use the step sequencer for other things than sending single notes to an arpeggiator.

We have never planned to control the arpeggiator with a sequencer line. So please - that is not a bug. It is maybe a kind of feature request of some users. But it is not a bug.
New users please check the following link for forum activation:
http://www.forum.radikaltechnologies.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=921
http://www.myspace.com/jorgschaaf
http://www.youtube.com/user/SCHAAFJOERG
Jörg Schaaf

Postby acemonvw » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:20 am

Jörg Schaaf wrote:I answered quite similar threads a lot of times in the past. Sequencerlines never controlled the arpeggiator. The arpeggiator is not visible for the step sequencer. The arpeggiator works together with the pattern sequencer. That works fine. A sequence line is a monophonic sequencer line. You can not even enter chords for the arpeggiator. I would use the step sequencer for other things than sending single notes to an arpeggiator.

We have never planned to control the arpeggiator with a sequencer line. So please - that is not a bug. It is maybe a kind of feature request of some users. But it is not a bug.

Jorg, I apologize for that, but I have updated my thread as of a few weeks ago stating that it wasn't a bug and that this was issued as previously not working/not a bug. I pointed it out because I have no reference point being at 1.50 and not at 1.04K anymore. I never used the ARP because it was bugged, and upon fixing I noticed the odd behavior. I understand that it's not implemented and it should be noted as such in the original post with an explanation. I will delete these points to remove any confusion, as it appears to have created some.

I will say though, there is massive confusion to me about 'pattern sequencer' vs 'step sequencer'. How is anyone supposed to know the difference upon looking at the manual? I get it now. It makes sense and is cleared up, but I would like to say this: Just because you answered some questions a long time ago really doesn't tell us anything because most of the helpdesk has been pruned and we have no access to this historical wisdom, anything older than a year is pretty much gone!

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated! I will delete that information from the 'buglist' so as to remove confusion.
acemonvw

Postby vigo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi,

Has anyone had crashes when shifting through Perfomz folders. Mine gets stuck now and again while loading samples when I change between Performz(s) and I have to reboot. It is not the samples (Sli/Sla) I have double checked. Is it a memory/RAM thing I wonder.

It will just stop loading a random SLi/SLA and nothing happens before I reboot. Also had a few other freeze-ups but that was always there on rare occasions.
vigo

Postby vigo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:06 am

Update!

It is super faulty on my machine. Each Performz folder that could load yesterday can not today. Freezes up mid load.

Again I tried to see if there was too many files in each folder (not that it would make any sense since it worked last night)..dyn activated and so on..all fine

My only work around is to insert usb and physically move all files from one Performz fold to a new and then turn all dyn load off again..and reboot

this is very strange and time consuming ...any ideas??
vigo

Postby acemonvw » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Hey vigo, sounds like not many others have this problem. I'll have to refrain from posting in the original post because so far it might be device specific. I'd suggest making a separate thread to see if others have this problem (and if they have any fixes). Being posted in here might cause your issue to be passed by. My first suggestion is to make a PERFORMZ folder without any samples in it and see if it works. Second, I would email Joerg for help!

Good luck
acemonvw

Postby vigo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks!
At then moment im troupleshooting myself , if I cant work it out i wil deff follow your advise
vigo

Postby acemonvw » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Good luck!

Of course, if you make a new thread about this issue, I'll follow it and if others note this problem, I'll add it to the list of bugs!
acemonvw

Postby flowdesigner » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:25 pm

a bit off topic...:)

anyone tried loading os 1.5 into spec 1?
flowdesigner

Postby acemonvw » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:02 pm

flowdesigner wrote:a bit off topic...:)

anyone tried loading os 1.5 into spec 1?

That... would be a wonderful way to 'brick' your Spectralis (i.e., create a paperweight that is useful only for keeping your door open, keeping wind from blowing your paper away, and an assortment of other things that a brick might be useful for).

My recommendation is to not test it.
acemonvw

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 pm

The MCUs in both machines are not the same. The USB chip and the card interface is not the same as well. The firmware is not accepted by the Spectralis 1. The hardware of the digital synth engine differs many aspects.

I am wondering about the PERFORMZ problem mentioned above. I meanwhile work with multiple setups and they are working fine so far. I switch very often and I even switched setups during the Musikmesse without crashing the machine. Maybe something is wrong with the compact flash card?
New users please check the following link for forum activation:
http://www.forum.radikaltechnologies.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=921
http://www.myspace.com/jorgschaaf
http://www.youtube.com/user/SCHAAFJOERG
Jörg Schaaf

PreviousNext

Return to Helpdesk