Menu not displaying on VCO Volume Macro Envelope 2/27

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Menu not displaying on VCO Volume Macro Envelope 2/27

Postby ziopad » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Hey, guys, I'm wondering if someone can check my head--I'm seeing some strange behavior when I'm menu-diving on menu 2/27 of the VCO. Specifically, when I press the encoders under anything other than VCO1 to drill down to the envelope settings, I get either a blank menu or a menu that doesn't correspond to the VCO. I've tried restarting the box to see if perhaps it was a momentary fluke, but I'm still seeing the behavior below:

When I click on the encoder under VCO2, the screen goes blank except for "1/8" in the upper left; there are no envelope settings, no nothing. If I page up to 2/8, everything is fine and I see all the envelope parameters for VCO2. If I then page down, I'm back at 1/8 and all the parameters that WEREN'T there before now appear.

When I click on the encoder under VCO3, it takes me to menu 2/8 and shows me the settings for VCO2. But at least it shows me some parameters...

When I click on the encoder under VCO4, the screen goes blank except for "2/8" in the upper left, rather like when I try to view settings for VCO2. Again, paging up and back down seems to restore the parameters to the screen.

Everything else seems to work fine. If I adjust parameters for envelopes associated with VCOs 2-4, they seem to affect the sound as I would expect. But this strange menu behavior makes me nervous. I've searched the forums and haven't found any mention of this behavior. Is anybody else seeing this? Thanks in advance...
ziopad

Re: Menu not displaying on VCO Volume Macro Envelope 2/27

Postby acemonvw » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 am

Nah, you're all good. It's the OS. When I press the encoders corresponding to each part the same issue happens. VCO2 and 4 do the same thing, go to page 1/8 with a blank screen.

All that matters is that by dialing a value in the encoders below the LCD that you change the number and this changes the settings for the ADSR associated with the given VCO.

By pressing down on the encoders, it takes you to at least the right area where the values are affected. To get to that screen properly, press the EG Balance encoder. There you will see the ADSR settings for each VCO and they will correspond with the changes you made in page 2/27.

Take care. :wink:
acemonvw

Postby ziopad » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 am

Well, strange as it may sound, I'm relieved! Thanks a lot for confirming that. Has this been talked about elsewhere? I searched for a number of times and didn't find anything. Just don't want to tax the goodwill of forum members by asking questions that have already been answered. Thanks again!
ziopad

Postby acemonvw » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:39 am

I don't recall seeing anyone talk about this issue, I honestly never use page 2/27 other than to skip it and go to the next page.

Sounds like you did all the right things for looking around for the answers. :)
acemonvw

Return to Helpdesk