SAMPLE EDITOR FOR MAC!!!!! (SWAMI)

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: SAMPLE EDITOR FOR MAC!!!!! (SWAMI)

Postby via » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Wow :shock:

great find & great post Ace!!

Props Balaton mate! amazing stuff!! the community has been asking for this for years and somehow we overlooked your great efforts,.. going to try it this week.
via

Postby via » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:26 pm

First I love what you've created here!! specially on the fact that the software displays sample tune in frequency, this is a key element missing from the spectralis (fine tune) and if your into geometric patterns then a perfect frequency spectrum becomes part of the art..
my life just got so much better thanks to you efforts!

now here´s a question or a kind request
would it be possible to have individual gender selection per sample in: instrument

its a hassle if you have a dr110 kit in a folder you need to drag every sample individually to its individual instrument (and you can only crate one instrument at a time ..this is very time consuming (although you can make a moment out of with a cup of tee.. but I rather spend my day with ham-maestro ;)

Normalize would aslo be very handy..

I look forward to working with it.. this is optimus-awsomeness..
via

Postby via » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:29 pm

jizzmaster2000 wrote:Does it work for PC?

:lol: :lol:
via

Postby via » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:01 pm

hmmm.. seams fine tune does not have any affect... is this a bug?
via

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:23 am

via wrote: :lol: :lol:

Is that a yes or a :cry:
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Postby balaton » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

via wrote:would it be possible to have individual gender selection per sample in: instrument

I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain?

its a hassle if you have a dr110 kit in a folder you need to drag every sample individually to its individual instrument (and you can only crate one instrument at a time ..this is very time consuming (although you can make a moment out of with a cup of tee.. but I rather spend my day with ham-maestro ;)

Indeed, this may be a useful feature. I can think of some ways to simplify this but have to think about it.

Normalize would aslo be very handy..

This sounds more like a job for an audio editor. So you could just load your samples into one and normalise them with that tool before creating the SLC from them in Swami. It's probably better that way than adding some random functions to Swami because to do it right we either have to make it a complete audio editor (first, then evolve it to a complete DAW as more features come up :) ) or we would have incomplete functionality that would be less useful than what's already there in other tools. So this is something that probably will not be implemented but if someone comes up with a plugin that does this then it may happen.

hmmm.. seams fine tune does not have any affect... is this a bug?

It can be. Can you describe in more detail what you did and what should have happened?
balaton

Postby via » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Indeed, this may be a useful feature. I can think of some ways to simplify this but have to think about it.

well as in dr110 example in the above post, moving multiple samples to instruments and set the gender for multiple samples in that instrument … a la; multiple samples per instruments ...might not be is not the right way about it but it would seam like s solution
It can be. Can you describe in more detail what you did and what should have happened?

well if I change the fine tune in TT Fine tune (within a sample in an instrument) it should have an effect on: the tune of sound playback and on the numbers of hz .. yet nothing happens ..

.. maybe I´m misunderstanding this as I can´t hear any looping ether so I might be doing something wrong (I´m playing my samples form the little keyboard display or from the keyboard letters Z-M which also triggers the sample (it be nice if space-bar would play sample) .. is there a third way to trigger sample and hear the effect of tune or audition loops?..

playing the on-board keyboard with a mouse seams to move volume around (not all the notes are on the same level) not that significant but could be seen as a bug?
jizzmaster2000 wrote:Is that a yes or a :cry:

sorry I thought you where joking ... as in we´ve been moaning for a mac sample editor since 2005 then all of a sudden in 2013 we get one and the first question in the post is: Does it work for PC? ;)
via

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:05 am

Its just that this editor sounds better than the other.
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Postby balaton » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 am

balaton

Postby balaton » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:27 am

via wrote:well as in dr110 example in the above post, moving multiple samples to instruments and set the gender for multiple samples in that instrument … a la; multiple samples per instruments ...might not be is not the right way about it but it would seam like s solution

Still can't follow what did you mean but I think now we have simpler way to create both several simple instruments or multisample instruments with less clicks than before. What is the gender of a sample? Do you mean instrument categories? I'm afraid there's no easy way to set that automatically or for multiple instruments so you'll need to set them manually but almost everything else is now automated as much as could be implemented easily.

well if I change the fine tune in TT Fine tune (within a sample in an instrument) it should have an effect on: the tune of sound playback and on the numbers of hz .. yet nothing happens ..

I don't know how does the FFTune plugin work. Maybe it only looks at the sample and does not take fine tuning into account. Also you can set tuning at different places so it may not take all of them into account. This may need to be investigated further.

.. maybe I´m misunderstanding this as I can´t hear any looping ether so I might be doing something wrong (I´m playing my samples form the little keyboard display or from the keyboard letters Z-M which also triggers the sample (it be nice if space-bar would play sample) .. is there a third way to trigger sample and hear the effect of tune or audition loops?..

Looping is an instrument property so it only works for instruments not samples. Create and instrument with the sample then in the Sample editor tab of the instrument set loop type to Standard from None then looping should work. If you want other keys to play sounds you should be able to set the keyboard map in preferences.

playing the on-board keyboard with a mouse seams to move volume around (not all the notes are on the same level) not that significant but could be seen as a bug?

This is actually a feature. Moving the mouse left-right sets the note and moving it up-down changes velocity as you can see this in the lower right corner.
balaton

PreviousNext

Return to Helpdesk