Just noticed...

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Just noticed...

Postby Gonzini » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:34 pm

Anyone noticed the direct outputs might bleed slightly into an adjacent output?
Ive got a kick drum panned hard left (127) from direct 1 and a HH panned hard right (127) from direct 2.
Both have been taken out of other routings so at zero.
I hear the HH on the kick channel at a very low level but its there.
Not experimented with other stuff yet to double check if it is the speckie or somewhere else.
These outputs go straight into a Behringer ADA8000 then into a MOTU 828mk2 via the ADAT connection.
I guess it could be the Behringer.... Have to check..

Also ive noticed the signal LED's lit on the ADA8000 on the main sum L/R outputs of the speckie with no audio running.
Wonder if there's some very frequency noise appearing on the mains you can't hear. The direct outputs seem clean.
Might have to get the scope on the outputs and have a look.
Gonzini

Re: Just noticed...

Postby via » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:17 pm

just cheeked ... its 100% pro no leak whatsoever ..
must be the craphinger ;)
via

Postby Gonzini » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Thanks for trying.
l'll try again but straight into the Motu 828's inputs.
Guess the board layout in the Behringer might not be that great for crosstalk...
Its actually a good product for the money, just has that veil of Behringer crapness....
Anyway it helped get the input channel count up, i still don't have enough inputs for all the synths to be connected at once but it does actually work...
Gonzini

Postby Gonzini » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Thought i'd look into why the signal LED's lit on the ADA8000 when the Spectralis is connected up and i have a scope at home at the moment.
Well seems i have SMPS noise on the audio outputs and that's what im seeing, not hearing it though...
Frequency is at 50kHz and around 135mV P/P.
Shouldn't be there really, it's on all outputs except the A Synth L / R which are clean.
Guess i have an ground return issue somewhere, i would imagine its not normal...

Gonzini

Return to Helpdesk