Sampling

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: Sampling

Postby acemonvw » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:54 pm

aquapher wrote:Your problem there probably would have to do with the category setting of the sli...?

... which is fairly important if you want to browse to the file for loading...

Exactly. There is no category.

balaton wrote:As others have said check the Instrument name and category on the Instrument Properties tab. By default a new instrument has a name New Instrument and maybe a number so you should look for the sample on the Spectralis under this name and not under the name of the wav file if you haven't changed it. Could this be the problem? Or if you can send me an SLI you've created as above I can have a look.

So the sample WAV file was Sweeps 1... actually, that could be the problem as I thought file names couldn't be longer than 7 characters or something. I might try again later. But... I did check for both the SLI name (which was Sounds1) AND the sample name Sweeps 1... Why I didn't name them the same thing, I don't know. I didn't realize that there is a category listing on the Instrument Properties tab, but I will work on a new file later (I deleted all of the SLIs I created using swami).

Either way, there are some things I can try out... but it may have to wait until the weekend, I have a presentation to give on Friday that I should be focusing on!

Thanks for your help guys!
acemonvw

Re: Sampling

Postby balaton » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:24 pm

acemonvw wrote:So the sample WAV file was Sweeps 1... actually, that could be the problem as I thought file names couldn't be longer than 7 characters or something. I might try again later. But... I did check for both the SLI name (which was Sounds1) AND the sample name Sweeps 1... Why I didn't name them the same thing, I don't know. I didn't realize that there is a category listing on the Instrument Properties tab, but I will work on a new file later (I deleted all of the SLIs I created using swami).

It's neither the SLI name (Sounds1 in your case) which only shows up in the browse file list, nor the sample name (Sweeps 1) which does not show anywhere on the Spectralis AFAIK but it's the instrument name that's on the Instrument Properties tab that you should look for. If you click on the instrument (the one with the yellow trumpet icon in the Instruments folder of the SLI) there should be only a Properties tab with only two things: the Name entry and a Category popup. The name of a new instrument by default is just New Instrument which might show up on the Spectralis shortened to something like NwInstrm. You can try to change the name to something short and meaningful on the Properties tab and set the Category to help you find the instrument on the Spectralis. (Note that one instrument can be a multisample and a single instrument can have more than one sample so the sample name is not relevant. You select instuments so it's the instrument name that counts.)
balaton

Previous

Return to Helpdesk