A little help please

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

A little help please

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:11 am

Hi, I have two questions please.
Q1; Is there a way to delete a sequence line ? Say I set up a sequence line to midi...send...note, but change my mind, I know I can change that target, but can I delete it?

Q2; I'm having trouble using the Spek 2 to play my other synths using midi. Btw this happens using a sequencer line or when I record a midi motif. It seems like it dosnt send a note off, the synth just hangs. Sometimes it works a little bit but then haaaaangs. Ive tried changing the note length, (I've tried this on both mono and poly synths).

Anyway I'll try some more synths/configurations.
Thanx.
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Re: A little help please

Postby acemonvw » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:10 pm

jizzmaster2000 wrote:Q1; Is there a way to delete a sequence line ? Say I set up a sequence line to midi...send...note, but change my mind, I know I can change that target, but can I delete it?

I don't think so, at least, not that I'm aware. I guess if I realize I don't want the line in there, I just move it down to 1 note and then mute that note. Maybe someone knows better...

jizzmaster2000 wrote:Q2; I'm having trouble using the Spek 2 to play my other synths using midi. Btw this happens using a sequencer line or when I record a midi motif. It seems like it dosnt send a note off, the synth just hangs. Sometimes it works a little bit but then haaaaangs. Ive tried changing the note length, (I've tried this on both mono and poly synths).

I don't think I've ever had this happen. I guess I'd try to look over the midi settings in both devices. If you're dealing with arps on your other synths, not having the MIDI time sync working properly could have that effect. So, I guess I'd look at system settings and make sure you have Sync:OUT being used.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what's going on! Maybe try a different MIDI cable? Combine other synths using that cable and see if it works properly.

Good luck.
acemonvw

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:43 am

Yeah it worked fine with my Prophet 08, the issue is with my EMW wcs-1, its a sort of modular in a box with midi just note on/off and pitch bend. I'll do some more experamenting, thanx for the help.
Happy new year to all by the way, and RT.
May 2013 be full of insparation, and an OS update :wink:
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:50 pm

Ok, another question.
If I select for example dsynth 1, change it to midi, record a motif. How can I mute this ?
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Postby acemonvw » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Mute section doesn't work on this?

I would say the only alternative is to delete the motif and save as another pattern... :/
acemonvw

Postby aquapher » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:13 am

Yeah. Thats pretty much it. Would save me ALOT of trouble if you could mute dsynth-midi parts.
aquapher

Postby Spectralis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 am

jizzmaster2000 wrote:Ok, another question.
If I select for example dsynth 1, change it to midi, record a motif. How can I mute this ?

go to the motif menu and press edit. Select page three and press your favourite option. In your case Mute:trg

Problem is: The Spectralis did not save this option. That is the biggest bug for my soul :cry:
http://soundcloud.com/m-v-k/
Spectralis

Postby via » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 pm

1) acemonvw got it right ... there´s no way to delete the step line .. although this should not have to bug you (the solution is as been said before just set last step to 1 and mute that step then save as a pattern..

2) Yes midi implantation is not quite finish , mute doesn´t work on external midi from I think perc 1 all the way to dsynth3 :( .. the same when saving external midi settings per favorites .. it seams to only want to store internal configuration and not external ... one of the biggest bugs in my life and my upcoming live shows ... :roll:

now I like the Dsynth it has large sweet spot, vocals and pads can sound excellency through the SP,.. has this warm round sound (something you want on vocals pads kicks etc and it will replace my sampler onstage.. but when you have full-blown synths and TR drummacines you want to be using the channels on the spectralis to sequence these external synths & drums and the seq is currently just not fully up for this task..

I would prefer RT to finish the sequencer first and foremost as its the spectralis greatest assets next to the Hybird.. my biggest wish of 2013!
via

Postby Spectralis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 pm

via wrote:ne of the biggest bugs in my life and my upcoming live shows ... :roll:

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
http://soundcloud.com/m-v-k/
Spectralis

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 am

Spectralis wrote:
go to the motif menu and press edit. Select page three and press your favourite option. In your case Mute:trg

Thankyou everyone, this works !
As for the sequence line, its not really a big deal.
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Next

Return to Helpdesk