Suggestions on a tutorial?

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: Suggestions on a tutorial?

Postby acemonvw » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:58 pm

Oh, I see!

Nice to have you back... But pizzatime is easier to say and remember!
acemonvw

Postby acemonvw » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:27 am

decay wrote:I love the external inputs. At the moment I am using the direct out to route bassdrum, snare and hihats through an Ibanes DS10 Metal charger distortion pedal and the signal goes back in and is routed to the analog filter, added some delay and cut off lfo modulation set at random on the bassdrum and it sounds great.
Did not experience any problems with the volume saving as you stated above :)
I am using a Spectralis 1.

It works fine... I apparently never saved it properly so I thought it wouldn't save my settings. Wow. I've had this thing for almost exactly 2 years and I haven't tapped into this part yet.
acemonvw

Postby decay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:41 am

:mrgreen: Glad that it works.
decay

Postby aquapher » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Yeah I've been using the ins a bunch too...

Dsynth or sequencerline playing something on the virus - virus part routed to 'out 3-4' (virus' outputs) - into the spec, and that input signal gets mangled in the filterbank.

You can make the simplest arppegio into the craziest weirdo pulsing whatever. I should be doing this more really. Very unique sounds are made this way...
aquapher

Postby acemonvw » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:37 pm

cary wrote:Took me some time to find out. First I thought its not so much of a feature but I have changed my mind. Using the a-synth part to modulate the d-synth and not for sound was somehow strange to me but really paid off to spend some time with that...

Hey cary, do you mean to say using the Dsynth to modulate the Asynth? I know you can basically use the Dsynth to do some frequency modulation on the Asynth parts... but wasn't sure this was true of the other way around.
acemonvw

Postby cary » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:20 pm

acemonvw wrote:
cary wrote:Took me some time to find out. First I thought its not so much of a feature but I have changed my mind. Using the a-synth part to modulate the d-synth and not for sound was somehow strange to me but really paid off to spend some time with that...

Hey cary, do you mean to say using the Dsynth to modulate the Asynth? I know you can basically use the Dsynth to do some frequency modulation on the Asynth parts... but wasn't sure this was true of the other way around.

Hi acemonvw,
I just think it is nice to have the possibility to use the DSP-filter and the 2 LFOs to modulate the DSP filter/ volume + the analog filters + filterbank and the 4 MLFOs of the analog part for modulation of the a-synth version and at the same time to blend and mix this two sample versions as we like. Yes and also the part Exp. frequency modulation by part is cool...
Yes, I was unclear there. The a-synth just modulates the d-synth sample and not the d-synth modules.
So most likely nothing new for you there.
Cheers!
cary

Previous

Return to Helpdesk