Where in memory do SF2 files go ?

Questions and Answers concerning the spectralis!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Where in memory do SF2 files go ?

Postby via » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:49 am

Hi!

Created SF2 files with Recycle to chop samples acrooss a keyspan, the problem is there is no cthegory selection for the files, one just drops them onto the memory card.. I can see them when I browse files on the spectralis

but if I select: Instrument: ALL categoria: All I can´t browse samples :roll: alll I get is [=======] without the option of scrolling :?:

So where are these files and why cant I browse ALL??

Thanks!
via

Re: Where in memory do SF2 files go ?

Postby via » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Ok after a little more file transferring. I know why files appear as: unknown .. that is due to them being selected in a category in the import program that is not active in the spk internally..

as far as not being able to browse ALL .. I think that has to do with memory being full ..not sure but honestly if thats it ; why isn´t there a memory threshold within the OS that protects memory space for operating functions . : :roll: :|
via

Postby via » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Ok so my own private rant thread ...great

Now I cleared some files from flash and I have 16mb free in FLASH (plus a 128mb card full) and all sounds are set to DYN but I still can´t browse All and for exsample there are no clap amples to select (no files to display) just [=====] ...but if I set the clap bank to be FIX I can browse them .. so this is driving me up the wall ... is this a memory bug I´m dealing with ... am I doing something wrong ? ... can someone please clarify
thanks!
via

Postby acemonvw » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:02 am

I would have responded but I had no idea what you were talking about.

You're using Recycle to chop up samples? What's that? I don't know why that application would have a category selection - or are you referring there to the program application Specimp?

Sorry - I was lost at the beginning :/

And my wife and I are dealing with a two-week old newborn - so I don't have the mental capacity to understand anything.

But - if I can help, I will - I just need to understand what you're doing (though sample import is not my forte in general).

Cheers
acemonvw

Postby acemonvw » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:02 am

OH - and can you actually send SF2 files into the spectralis without conversion? I thought you had to convert them :/
acemonvw

Postby via » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 am

Hey! Congrats on the birth of your child!!! , now go focus on your family, yet thanks for your effort .. and just FYI recycle is a autochop program and it exports in sf2 files that you can drop directly into the spk ...
via

Postby acemonvw » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Wait - this should transfer into the Spectralis? Because right now, I don't have any editor to put stuff in my Spectralis from my Windows PC because the spectralis import program does not work in Windows 10 (no one has confirmed it working in my other thread).

Now I'm very curious about this program.
acemonvw

Postby acemonvw » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Oh - it's $200 :lol:

Never mind...
acemonvw

Return to Helpdesk