New Accelerator Owner

Post your experiences, share sounds and send us links to your music...

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

New Accelerator Owner

Postby Star voyager » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Hello Accelerator Users!
Just purchased an Accelerator and wanted to say "Hello".
After watching every video online I was intrigued by the sound but after finally listening to the Accelerator in person I was sold. Will scour forum for information on my new machine but any quick tips would be appreciated :D
Star voyager

Re: New Accelerator Owner

Postby Star voyager » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:04 pm

36 hours in to my new Accelerator and I am really satisfied with my purchase.
I've been making a lot of sounds, primarily Basses (CV, Nitzer, DM, TD, etc..) and I can't believe the Lo Frequencies that I'm getting from an "all digital" synth and am especially impressed by the filter!!
This morning I switched to Pads (Strings) from the init patch and quickly made a few great sounding Numan/Utravox style sounds. Not 100% into the effects section yet but by first impressions I like what I hear so far. There quite a few "little" things that are really cool like changing the colour of the LCD display, the naming of presets using the keyboard, etc.... that elevate an already great sounding synth.
More reports to follow as warranted but I think that this synthesizer is way under exposed and I believe that if more people actually heard it in person instead of on U-Tube they would be blown away like I was.
Star voyager

Postby Fent » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi Star voyager,

Totally agree that the Accelerator sounds amazing, but there is a nagging MIDI issue that studio users are waiting to have corrected. I don't want to go into detail right now, but Jorg is aware of the issue (from my 'complaining' as he jokingly referred to my bug report lol) and hopefully we'll see a fix someday. As a stand alone synth to just play, you can get lost in synth heaven for hours and hours, but hooking it up to a serious MIDI network has been troublesome. Still, it is my favorite synth by far. Love it! :D
Fent

Postby Star voyager » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks for the reply Fent, there seems to be a dirth of forum activity here at the moment... I haven't actually hooked up any MIDI yet to the Accelerator but I did hook up a USB cable to offload the patch memory but couldn't figure it out. Do you happen to know how to back up (offload) all the patch memory data from the Accelerator?? I've scoured this site for info but have only come across a comment about some sort of patch storage application that you have to send Jorg an email a bout to obtain....
Star voyager

Postby Star voyager » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:00 am

Joerg at RT has been very helpful in answering my questions regarding the memory store features of the new OS 1.90 which is very comforting! Thanks Joerg!
Star voyager

Postby rbhall7ice » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:22 am

Yes it's a formidable instrument - more people should get in the know..
-could you please relay what Joerg told you in regards to storing stuff with 1.90 - I never made a note of of it and would much appreciate it.
Thanks and kindest regards -
rbhall7ice

Postby Star voyager » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:42 am

Here's the info that Joerg had provided me regarding the Accelerator memory backup functions:

"The dump functions of the Accelerator can be found inside the save menu. If you push SAVE you can select different pages with the page encoder. Just select "dump". With the Page down button you can now select, which kind of data you would like to dump.

In the lower row you can select multiple patch memories at once."
Star voyager

Postby rbhall7ice » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:29 am

Ok thanks very much for that and happy patching-
rbhall7ice

Postby acemonvw » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Hey Star voyager - how has your journey with the Accelerator been - now that you're about half a year into it?
acemonvw

Postby Star voyager » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:32 am

Six months in and I'm still loving the sound of the Accelerator with no regrets! I actually spent a lot of time with it over this weekend and made a few more great bass patches that really inspired me to utilize it more in my work. Been very busy and don't have enough hours in the day to devote to music but made a New Years resolution to get my home studio up and running. I am definitely going to be spending much more time with the Accelerator in the coming months and it's good to know that there's more users out there to converse with.
Star voyager

Return to Accelerator User Community