My one and only beef with the Accelerator...

Post your experiences, share sounds and send us links to your music...

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

My one and only beef with the Accelerator...

Postby acemonvw » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:21 pm

The patch selection.

There's a huge section of the synth dedicated to the patch selection, but yet, I think that's the hardest part to maneuver around. There's not a dedicated button to get you between the groups of sounds (A-C in performances and A-E in single patches). I still find the performances vs single patches confusing. Often I try to add a single patch to the performance, and end up switching patches/performances. With those 3 knobs under the LCD screen, you can select between sounds, but sometimes, I only know the patch number (D 7.8), but it only looks by section (Pads) and name... so I have to go through adding the single patch into the performance in a more unorthodox way, or rather, I have to put it in in a way that usually ends up with me losing the whole performance.

I don't know why... but perhaps it's the fact that it's so confusing despite such a large section devoted to it.

I guess that speaks a lot to the awesomeness of the Accelerator, that patch selection is my only problem with it...

...because that's one of my favorite aspects of the Korg Radias. It's got the easiest sound selection I've ever used (sure, you have to use the alpha knob to get around a lot, but it's still easy). I love the Radias, don't get me wrong, but it will never... ever... sound as good as the Accelerator.
acemonvw

Re: My one and only beef with the Accelerator...

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:38 am

I hear ya.
All I can say is instead of remembering the patch number, name your patch better so you recocnise it when scrolling thru the patches.
I havn't loaded the latest os, but wasn't there improvements made for patch recall ?
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Postby joshelevator » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:04 am

I find it a bit odd too. One question I cant seem to figure out - what exactly is a "performance"? As far as i can tell, a performance can either be a single sound patch, or 2 sound patches that have been combined to create a split, or layer. does this sound correct? and if so, if i understand correctly - the only reason the word "performance" exists, as opposed to "patch" is because of this ability to combine two patches into a "performance". sound right?
joshelevator

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:22 pm

A Performance holds the patch and FX data for up to 8 parts (in case you have installed at least one expansion) plus a complete masterkeyboard configuration with program changes, keyboard zones etc. for external MIDI devices.

I would not use a Performance for single sounds. But you can, if you want to.
New users please check the following link for forum activation:
http://www.forum.radikaltechnologies.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=921
http://www.myspace.com/jorgschaaf
http://www.youtube.com/user/SCHAAFJOERG
Jörg Schaaf

Postby joshelevator » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:43 am

thanks. will check it out.
joshelevator

Return to Accelerator User Community