Tips for new Accelerator users

Post your experiences, share sounds and send us links to your music...

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Tips for new Accelerator users

Postby DanaFo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Here's some tips from working with this lovely machine:

I overwrote the first performance with a blank WIP perf. Why? So I don't get random sequences firing when I hit play on my DAW to record. Plus less scrolling!

For editing a single patch:
Press single to get into single selection mode. Technically you're selecting a part for the performance but it's the only way to browse singles, so whatever.

The selector below the program name will scroll sequentially through EVERYTHING. Not always convenient, so just hit down arrow once.

Now ignore the Bank letter, and you'll see category, by using the second encoder you have a filter to browse patches with, which you use the third encoder for. Click the encoder to select.

This is my main method to get where I want. However it will filter out blank slots (those with no name but a letter number combo instead), bear that in mind, best way to find a blank slot is to use the initial sequential browser. Note: if Part or Split/Dual/Multi etc is lit up, it means you're editing the performance parameters - usually all you have to do is hit Single and then Program so it's less confusing.

Here are some other things that confused me at first:

1)The envelope parameters in the filters will change the values in their hardwired envelopes (Filt1ADSR -> EG3, Filt2ADSR -> EG4) This really confused me, maybe I'm just dumb. You can end up 'dewiring' them, I would advise you don't, mainly because there are /6/ yes /6/ envelopes to play with, you can spare 2 for the filters 8)

2)LFO's can be set so they retrigger but it's not a visible parameter in the LFO page! Instead use the matrix encoder 4 - the one with Phase above it. Any value above 0 means it will retrigger on play. Also bear in mind that in polyphonic sounds, EACH note gets its own LFO!

3)As per #2 the Filter Volume Levels can only be set by using matrix encoders while on the VCA page - don't ask how long it took me to figure this out. Use the encoders with Filter 1 Level, Filter 2 Level above them.

4)Clicking the page encoder will toggle through multiple views of the pages while programming, you can even see waveforms and envelope shapes.

5)A lot of parameters to dig through in the Play window (hit program if you're inside the patch editing pages), use the up/down arrows. This is hiding legato settings, Unison(!) and other valuable parameters.

6)For polyphonic patches you'll probably have to reduce the voice volume, click the bus volume encoder to access and see the levels in action.

7)Performances will only use the FX from the first 2 parts I believe. 8)If you're using sequences for arpeggiation then remember the notes become relative instead of absolute...hard to explain.
DanaFo

Re: Tips for new Accelerator users

Postby acemonvw » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:46 am

Thanks DanaFo!

Great resource. I don't have any questions yet or have anything to add, but just wanted to say thanks!
acemonvw

Postby DanaFo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:49 am

acemonvw wrote:Thanks DanaFo!

Great resource. I don't have any questions yet or have anything to add, but just wanted to say thanks!

Hey my pleasure, hopefully save you some hair pulling.
DanaFo

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:56 am

Great tips !
Sometimes its hard to find things and you go searching all over the place, this will help.
Hope this thread gets bigger, I'll try to add something.
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Postby acemonvw » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:00 am

I'm surprised at how little this community seems to be... from very few ACC demos online to just people seemingly using the unit. A shame really. This thing blows my analog synths out of the water. I thought nothing compared to my OB Matrix 1000, but I'd say the ACC does a damn good job of it, plus I can actually edit the ACC.
acemonvw

Postby jizzmaster2000 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:15 am

Is it because people are trying to keep it there secret wepeon :?:
Jeremy
Melbourne
jizzmaster2000

Postby totallykenny » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:01 am

Thank you , You spent a good amount of time on this , and this is a good amount of, Useful information ! , this is one of the best synths, I've ever heard !! It's just a monster of sound :wink: And Jorg,, Has done an outstanding job !.. Thanks again for the info :D Totally Kenny :) I am also looking forward to the iPad app ! :) :
totallykenny

Postby DanaFo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:44 pm

jizzmaster2000 wrote:Is it because people are trying to keep it there secret wepeon :?:

Haha possibly, it is a CS80 from an alternate cyberpunk future! I think more likely is how rare it is in north america.

totallykenny wrote:Thank you , You spent a good amount of time on this , and this is a good amount of, Useful information ! , this is one of the best synths, I've ever heard !! It's just a monster of sound :wink: And Jorg,, Has done an outstanding job !.. Thanks again for the info :D Totally Kenny :) I am also looking forward to the iPad app ! :) :

You're welcome! I think the momentum is finally building!
DanaFo

Return to Accelerator User Community