Accelerator sound demos

Post your experiences, share sounds and send us links to your music...

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Accelerator sound demos

Postby acemonvw » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Hello all, here are some demos of the Accelerator on YT. The sound quality isn't great, due to YT limitations, but see what you think!

General sound demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnH7mWVt_Gs

12db LP filter sound demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zpPRTFxdyM
acemonvw

Re: Accelerator sound demos

Postby DanaFo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:58 pm

Yeaaaahhh welcome! Nice vids!
DanaFo

Postby acemonvw » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks DanaFo (and thanks for the youtube message, I still have to go through it. That patch browsing is confusing!)

Here's the latest sound demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavHXKnZ5pQ
acemonvw

Postby namnibor » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:57 am

acemonvw wrote:Thanks DanaFo (and thanks for the youtube message, I still have to go through it. That patch browsing is confusing!)

FYI--on Jorg's YouTube videos instructing how to update the Accelerator via Windows (and another on Mac but I did not view that one), there's a brief visual demonstration towards end that shows a NEW METHOD or at least a short-cut that's seemingly focused around knobs of screen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... rEFZSIN0EM
I am following all this because I am pretty sure I a getting an Accelerator. Yeah, the new to me Spectralis 1 is quite deep but taking it little by little and traveling further each time ad feel this is a lifetime modular monster, and the Accelerator looks to be just as deep and I think WAY MORE analog sounding than the DSI Prophet 12 with it's real analog filter/hybrid.
I have been contemplating for several months but YOUR recent demos alone, having no pragmatic way to demo one in Columbus-area-OH-USA, have SOLD ME on it and thanks!
Hope that YouTube video of recent ACC update and patch selection helps and also perhaps they put something in a pdf inf about update file?? Pretty important to be ale to find where we put new masterpiece sound creations and how single/multi/performances are stored.
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Postby acemonvw » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:42 pm

namnibor wrote:I think WAY MORE analog sounding than the DSI Prophet 12 with it's real analog filter/hybrid.

I was a little confused but you mean to say that you think the ACC is more analog sounding than the P12 even though the P12 has real analog filters? Just want to make sure you know the ACC is fully digital, unlike the Spectralis or P12. The Spectralis could be SO close to being like the new Pro 2 that DSI is coming out with. If only we could get 4 voices at once with the hybrid synth to be paraphonic... oh that would be lovely.

That said, the accelerator has such an amazing sound to it too, I'm not sure how much I need a paraphonic Spectralis... but I still can wish!

namnibor wrote:I have been contemplating for several months but YOUR recent demos alone, having no pragmatic way to demo one in Columbus-area-OH-USA, have SOLD ME on it and thanks!

Great! :D

namnibor wrote:Hope that YouTube video of recent ACC update and patch selection helps and also perhaps they put something in a pdf inf about update file?? Pretty important to be ale to find where we put new masterpiece sound creations and how single/multi/performances are stored.

They did put a PDF up, but I can't find it... it might be in the download within the update itself.
acemonvw

Postby DanaFo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:21 am

acemonvw wrote:Thanks DanaFo (and thanks for the youtube message, I still have to go through it. That patch browsing is confusing!)

I still get confused, but hopefully that info helps, I'm actually going to post it in these forums for noobs.
DanaFo

Postby DanaFo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:26 am

Er actually I can't seem to get that sent message text, haha - any chance you can PM it to me? Or just post it yourself if you want.
DanaFo

Postby acemonvw » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:55 pm

DanaFo wrote:I thought I'd shoot you a couple more tips that 'got me' when I was first figuring out the accel: When I first fire it up I specifically created a blank performance to sit in the first slot. Why? So I don't get random sequences firing when I hit play on my DAW to record. Next, I press single to get into single selection mode. Technically you're selecting a part for the performance but it's the only way to browse singles, so whatever. The selector below the program name will scroll sequentially through EVERYTHING. Not always convenient, so just hit down arrow once. Now ignore the Bank letter, and you'll see category, by flipping through this you have a filter to browse patches with, use the third encoder for that. This is my main method to get where I want. However it will filter out blank slots, bear that in mind, best way to get a blank slot is to use the initial sequential browser. Note: if Part or Split/Dual/Multi etc is lit up, it means you're editing the performance parameters - usually all you have to do is hit Single and then Program so it's less confusing. Some other things that threw me at first:

1)The envelope parameters in the filters will change the values in their hardwired envelopes (Filt1ADSR -> EG3, Filt2ADSR -> EG4) This really confused me, maybe I'm just dumb.

2)LFO Phase can be set so they retrigger but it's not a parameter in the LFO page! Instead use the matrix encoder 4 - the one with phase above it.

3)As per #2 the Filter Levels can be set only by using matrix encoders while on the VCA page - don't ask how long it took me to figure this out.

4)Clicking the page encoder will toggle through multiple views of the pages while programming, you can even see waveforms and envelope shapes.

5)A lot of parameters to dig through in the Play window (hit program if you're inside the patch editing pages), use the up/down arrows.

6)For polyphonic patches you'll probably have to reduce the voice volume, click the bus volume encoder to access and see the levels in action.

7)Performances will only use the FX from the first 2 parts I believe. 8)If you're using sequences for arpeggiation then remember the notes become relative instead of absolute...hard to explain.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. If you have any questions feel free to email me at ***********@gmail.com Time to get this community finally moving!
acemonvw

Postby DanaFo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Awesome thanks!
DanaFo

Return to Accelerator User Community