OS 1.66?

Here is the place for Update downloads and discussions.

Re: OS 1.66?

Postby Spirithrumental » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi everyone,

After whole week configuring Acc and Cirklon i manage today sequence the Acc with Cirklon...but what i hear is only sound from midi channel 01.

I've selected Chain and import each single sound in it.

Sound/Part Selection.

0 = Snare 1 - Midi In/Out 1
1 = 808 kick - Midi In/Out 2
2 = Hi-Hat - Midi In/Out 3
3 = Bass - Midi In/Out 4

I've turn the Keybed = ON, set each part the right midi channel as described above. I go to the Bus menu and enter the zone menu and turn on the right midi channel.

Set each midi channel with different pattern in Cirklon but all 4 parts plays only the Snare 1? when i select chain and press 1 (808 kick) all those 4 parts plays 808 kick, when i press 2 (Hi-Hat) all those 4 parts plays Hi-Hat...how can i trigger all those 4 midi channel with 4 different individual sounds?

Thanks!
Spirithrumental

Postby totallykenny » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm

This is just GREAT !!! Thank You so much JORG ,, :D :D Update as before went very !! easy !! I mean this is the best update I ever worked with, very user friendly ! :wink: Plus for some reason my Accelerator sounds , just sound better. ? Maybe its just me thinking this with the new update . But I also have a faster keyboard response . Well so far its been just a short time working with new update all seems well . :D In my many years with so many keyboards I have now and in my life , I have to say Radical Technologies , along with Jorg , Jorgen .. Are some of the kindest people I ever talked to !!! I mean they, just care about the ARTIST !!!!! a lot !!! :wink: This makes for me getting my new Accelerator , even that much better. Support is one of the most important , things to have to a user .. And there sure is support here.. You just need to give ,Radical Technologies time to work out the bugs,, that many new keyboards , gear have .. I also look forward to maybe some updates on the sounds/arps.. and so on .. I want to get into programing also some of my own sounds .. And look forward to an editor for the Accelerator.. :) Thank You to all at Radical Technologies ! :) For giving us our great Accelerator. I look forward to many inspired compositions from my Accelerator. :D :D :D JORG , your are one kind person :wink: Regards, to you and all at Radical Technologies :wink: and all my fellow Accelerator FANS !!!! ARTISTS :) :) I am now back off to my Accelerator for some FUN !! :D :D :D TotallyKenny. :wink:
totallykenny

Postby bug2342 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Spirithrumental wrote:I've selected Chain and import each single sound in it.

This should be the problem...

Chain mode is for quickly switching between different sounds, but not for using them at the same time (well you can put performances in a chain and than switch between different "soundsets", but let´s ignore this for now).

What you want to use is multimode.

If you hit the multi button and nothing happens you probably don´t have any expansions installed. This would mean, that you can only have two parts at the same time. For those all of the following (except for any mention of FX) will apply.

You can store your multis as a performance. Please note, that all the sounds get stored with the performance, but the sequences/special arp patterns only get referenced, so if you change them later bad stuff will happen...

So...once in multi mode you can setup a sound for each part by hitting part and selecting a part between 1 and 8, than hit program or bank, assign your sound, repeat. Please note, that part 0 does not get it´s own sound and is mainly used for playing multiple zones at the same time from the keyboard. Parameter changes made on part 0 will be applied to the last selected part.

Then go to the zones menu and set up your zones.

FX are a bit special. When everything works like expected only the first to parts have their own FX settings. The other parts can be send to part 1 FX, part 2 FX or can be used dry.

Hopefully everything should work now...

Obviously for straight forward sequencing duty the on board sequencer is also rather nice...
bug2342

Postby totallykenny » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:13 pm

bug2342 wrote:
Spirithrumental wrote:I've selected Chain and import each single sound in it.

This should be the problem...

Chain mode is for quickly switching between different sounds, but not for using them at the same time (well you can put performances in a chain and than switch between different "soundsets", but let´s ignore this for now).

What you want to use is multimode.

If you hit the multi button and nothing happens you probably don´t have any expansions installed. This would mean, that you can only have two parts at the same time. For those all of the following (except for any mention of FX) will apply.

You can store your multis as a performance. Please note, that all the sounds get stored with the performance, but the sequences/special arp patterns only get referenced, so if you change them later bad stuff will happen...

So...once in multi mode you can setup a sound for each part by hitting part and selecting a part between 1 and 8, than hit program or bank, assign your sound, repeat. Please note, that part 0 does not get it´s own sound and is mainly used for playing multiple zones at the same time from the keyboard. Parameter changes made on part 0 will be applied to the last selected part.

Then go to the zones menu and set up your zones.

FX are a bit special. When everything works like expected only the first to parts have their own FX settings. The other parts can be send to part 1 FX, part 2 FX or can be used dry.

Hopefully everything should work now...

Obviously for straight forward sequencing duty the on board sequencer is also rather nice...
WOW this is great !! :D Thank You for this info and your time !! :wink: :wink: ,,, this will help for sure :D ...
totallykenny

Postby Spirithrumental » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi Bug2342,

Thanks for the info very useful, you're right part 0 play all sounds together at once, when i mute that channel and just turn on part 1 i hear only snare, but i can't select part 3? so i need the expansion card for more parts like 1-8?

Best regards,
Spirit
Spirithrumental

Postby bug2342 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Spirithrumental wrote: so i need the expansion card for more parts like 1-8?

Last time I checked: yes.

Accelerator is 2 part multi timbral with 8 voices with no expansion.

One expansion gets you up to 8 part multitimbral (only two different FX, might change to 4 with some OS update) with 20 voices. You also get a "free" drawbar organ (does not require extra voices).

The second expansion "only" adds more voices (32 overall).

I think the expansions are very nicely priced (forgot how much, but it felt like a very good deal). The drawback is, that there is no distribution (national or international), so you have to order directly from Jörg. From Germany this worked beautifully, not sure how much trouble international money orders etc. will be.

If in doubt write a mail to Jörg and ask...
bug2342

Postby totallykenny » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:10 pm

bug2342 wrote:
Spirithrumental wrote: so i need the expansion card for more parts like 1-8?

Last time I checked: yes.

Accelerator is 2 part multi timbral with 8 voices with no expansion.

One expansion gets you up to 8 part multitimbral (only two different FX, might change to 4 with some OS update) with 20 voices. You also get a "free" drawbar organ (does not require extra voices).

The second expansion "only" adds more voices (32 overall).

I think the expansions are very nicely priced (forgot how much, but it felt like a very good deal). The drawback is, that there is no distribution (national or international), so you have to order directly from Jörg. From Germany this worked beautifully, not sure how much trouble international money orders etc. will be.

If in doubt write a mail to Jörg and ask...
I totally agree , I have the 2 expansions . Great price and it dos max out the Accelerator !! It makes a great synth even better :wink:
totallykenny

Postby Spirithrumental » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi,

Yes you're right, let's made this beast complete. It was 299 Euro's for 1 card the last time i've asked Jorg but i will contact him, thanks everyone..i will update the progress when i received the cards.

Best regards,
Spirit
Spirithrumental

Previous

Return to Updates