Version 1.54 availability???

Here is the place for Update downloads and discussions.

Version 1.54 availability???

Postby Fent » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Apparently, there is a version 1.54 available that addresses the MIDI local on/off issue. I don't see it on the downloads page, but a reviewer obtained it from Jörg.

Here is an excerpt from an Accelerator review conducted by Peter M. Mahr of greatsynthesizers.com

Now we come to use in the studio and with it to my second main criticism. The first demo recordings were quite difficult, if not to say tedious! For some reason the ACCELERATOR looped the MIDI data, looking for a “Local Off” did not help me either as there is none. This means that for recordings I always had to disconnect the MIDI to avoid MIDI data chaos. Using the USB connection helped once or twice, but it was not always the most reliable alternative. Fortunately the restart only takes approximately 5 seconds and I was therefore inclined to be moderate, especially since such problems only arose in connection with the DAW. However, that was the point where I made contact with Jörg Schaaf. Fortunately, within a very short time came not only a friendly but above all, a helpful answer. To keep this short, at the end was v1.54, which was quickly transferred to the ACCELERATOR via USB.

So, it looks like the issue is fixed and hopefully will be available soon for download.

Thanks RT!

:D
Fent

Re: Version 1.54 availability???

Postby bug2342 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Not sure Jörg wants this to be public, but since he was nice enough to send it to me I will simply spill the beans:

Version 1.57 is existing by now. It´s not an official version, the installer is still a bit moody (doesn´t like Macs and my Win7 Laptop, luckily likes my XP machine).

Tons of nice new toys. My favorites are shuffle for the arp and the ability to send the arp/sequencer to the outside world.
Also a dry bus for the guys with expansions, unison and some other stuff I forgot.

Hope Jörg is not annoyed... Still I thought people should now that stuff is moving forward.
bug2342

Postby bug2342 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Quick update:

New Midi out for ARP and Sequencer is really nice.

It is slightly odd, that normal playing and Arp gets send to the MIDI out of the zone and the sequencer has separate routing. This might be a blessing for people that don´t have any expansions. You can e.g. sequence external gear, while still using the same layer for playing something on a local part.

Obviously this means, that switching the ARP from normal patterns to sequencer driven will switch the routing...
Might confuse some people.

Another thing, that is useful, but might be confusing: If you switch local of in the sequencer section the sequencer lines 1-3 (the control parameters) are still send to the part defined in the Zone. Once again: Useful, but might confuse.

Now that we have all this new toys there are to obvious additions to the wish list:

- Shuffle for the sequencers, preferably independent.
- Routing of the further sequencer lines to MIDI CCs.

Anyway: Nice stuff, keep it coming.
bug2342

Postby Fent » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:11 pm

bug2342 wrote:Quick update:

New Midi out for ARP and Sequencer is really nice.

It is slightly odd, that normal playing and Arp gets send to the MIDI out of the zone and the sequencer has separate routing. This might be a blessing for people that don´t have any expansions. You can e.g. sequence external gear, while still using the same layer for playing something on a local part.

Obviously this means, that switching the ARP from normal patterns to sequencer driven will switch the routing...
Might confuse some people.

Another thing, that is useful, but might be confusing: If you switch local of in the sequencer section the sequencer lines 1-3 (the control parameters) are still send to the part defined in the Zone. Once again: Useful, but might confuse.

Now that we have all this new toys there are to obvious additions to the wish list:

- Shuffle for the sequencers, preferably independent.
- Routing of the further sequencer lines to MIDI CCs.

Anyway: Nice stuff, keep it coming.

Hey bug, nice score with the Accelerator. I currently have v1.56. I don't think Jorg will mind that we're posting information about it. I'm glad the OS development has been continuing. Love my ACC :D
Fent

Postby bug2342 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Fent,
quick stupid question, since I don´t know if I´m seeing things or odd things happen after the update.
Do you get hanging notes (missing note offs) when using an external sequencer?

I didn´t get them before, but started getting them now.

Hope I´m just doing something wrong...

Otherwise there would be a fancy new bug in 1.57 :-(
bug2342

Postby Fent » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 am

bug2342 wrote:Hi Fent,
quick stupid question, since I don´t know if I´m seeing things or odd things happen after the update.
Do you get hanging notes (missing note offs) when using an external sequencer?

I didn´t get them before, but started getting them now.

Hope I´m just doing something wrong...

Otherwise there would be a fancy new bug in 1.57 :-(

Ahhh man sorry to hear that. Truthfully bug, the wife and I just bought our first house and my Accelerator is safely packed away right now. I've been losin' it not being able to make music and my only option is smaller instruments to do sketches. The only problem I've had with the ACC (which actually wasn't a problem at all) was that I noticed one preset had a click. I told Jorg about it, and he easily pointed out that it was a parameter setting that needed to be changed. I think it was the release on the envelope. I made the simple change he suggested, saved the preset and that was that. :D . One thing I hope Andreas will do is give users the ability to chain step sequences together to create basic song structures. I have the two expansion boards installed so I'm able to use 8 step sequencers at once and have 32 voice polyphony. Problem is, I'm envisioning the ability to connect the sequences of each step sequencer to the other step sequencers. It would give you the ability to create longer sequences and arrange them in the order you want. Unfortunately for me, the Accelerator is first and foremost a live performance instrument and a studio tool second but it's still a magical synth without a doubt and I flippin LOVE it :D . Can't wait to get my lab set up again! 8)
Fent

Postby bug2342 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 am

OK, did some testing:
1.57 looses note offs on all Zones except Zone 1 when sequenced externally.
Don´t know if this happens in 1.56.

For people that use external sequencing I recommend 1.54.
Not sure if 1.56 works, too.

Send a bug / strange behavior report to Jörg, so they can work it out before the "official" release of a new OS Version.

Probably I will use 1.54 for now, even knowing the fun stuff that is 1.57 makes that harder....
bug2342

Return to Updates