Betatesting V1.55

Notifications on new updates will be posted here!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: Betatesting V1.55

Postby acemonvw » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:41 pm

Jörg Schaaf wrote:Do you really believe, I am doing weeks of betatesting and do not realize, when such an essential function is not working? :lol:

It does work fine here. You probably have not activated the steps in the step sequencer. I am modulating here the cutoff frequency. If you set the cutoff to a maximum value, the sequencer can't modulate it anymore because the sequence modulator works always in positive direction. When you turn the cutoff down (0), activate the steps with the number buttons and adjust the step values with the encoders, you should here the modulations - as I am using the same version like you.

I certainly am not making any assumptions! But based on what I was able to do, it did not work, following the instructions.

You SHOULD be able to activate sequencer lines on page 1/8 when you are in the sequencer 'function' section. I see the steps I've activated. I've also turned cutoff down (so that I CAN hear the modulation). You mentioned needing to be on page 7/8 in the function section to 'activate' those steps? I didn't do that... so I can try that later.

Cutoff is set low (o)
Modulation source is 'seq' and set to 255 or whatever max is.
New sequencer-line is made, target is dsynth 'seq'
Go back to function and, on page 1/8, I press numeric button 4, 8, and 12.

If I go to the exact step, I change the length to 1 or longer.

Still nothing.

So what am I missing?
acemonvw

Postby acemonvw » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Jörg Schaaf wrote:BTW. I forgot to mention that we fixed some issues with uneven bar lengths. A couple of months ago I realized, that 9/8 won't work. That problem is fixed now and I already had a lot of fun with really strange beats - 9/8 against 10/8 etc. ;-)

I honestly never noticed this as a problem... so this will be interesting to test! HAH, exciting :)
acemonvw

Postby Fluence » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:08 pm

The steps are modulated with the encoder. Please don't forget the turn them :)
I just tested and found it worked on Spec 1.

Good to see the firmware business is sorted out!
Fluence

Postby acemonvw » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:14 pm

You have to twist the knobs for it to work? That adjusts the 'offset' for that step? That's what via was asking about on the last page.

It seems counterintuitive if so, but I'll adjust. Can't test until tomorrow.
acemonvw

Postby aquapher » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:20 pm

So want to jump on this, but I have a gig tomorrow night. No messing with my spec allowed. Loving the update action though! I'll be back.
aquapher

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:26 pm

The offset is the absolute value of a step - it never was different. Even in the first Spectralis version it worked like that. The difference between the first and the 7th page of the sequence menu is that the first page only toggles already programmed steps (TrigMod) and page seven actually really adds them (TrigSet). When you enter the menu you can toggle steps of a preprogrammed sequence without erasing them by accident. The seventh page is to enter new steps.

DSP Synth parameters are handled like MIDI parameter lines - they don't have step envelopes. That only works for hybrid synth lines because they are actually running in the hybrid synth DSP and have a much more direct connection to the engine than the DSP synth parameter lines will ever have.
New users please check the following link for forum activation:
http://www.forum.radikaltechnologies.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=921
http://www.myspace.com/jorgschaaf
http://www.youtube.com/user/SCHAAFJOERG
Jörg Schaaf

Postby Fluence » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Edit. Post removed.

Note to self...refresh page next time.
Fluence

Postby Peter Hanes » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:59 pm

This is fantastic news, Jörg!

Thanks for providing documentation with the update, too. It is very much appreciated.
Peter Hanes

Postby acemonvw » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:52 am

Jörg Schaaf wrote:The offset is the absolute value of a step - it never was different. Even in the first Spectralis version it worked like that. The difference between the first and the 7th page of the sequence menu is that the first page only toggles already programmed steps (TrigMod) and page seven actually really adds them (TrigSet). When you enter the menu you can toggle steps of a preprogrammed sequence without erasing them by accident. The seventh page is to enter new steps.

This still makes very little sense to me. I've not once touched the 7th page when I write songs. I have always just used trigger groups 1 - 3 and only used the 1st page to set the notes and lengths and volumes. For 'seq' sequencerlines, I'll just use page 7 for that and call it good :)

Should I delete my post about my confusion? I don't want to confuse anyone else.
acemonvw

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:32 am

We decided to do that this way after realizing, that it is quite easy to overwrite an existing sequence by accident when using the trigger set page by default, As you remember maybe - that page always sets a trigger with the current settings in the display dialog or overwrites settings of an existing step. That means - an existing row of notes will be overwritten by just hitting the number butttons. In orderto avoid that und to help beginners, we exchanged that with the trigger manipulation that only mutes the triggerstep without changing it. Using Seq Function together with Number button 1 calls the page 7 instead of 1, because the lable on number 1 says Trigger. So one can ignore the page number and can simply use the labels on the machine.
When someone enters an empty sequence line, no triggerpoint is set. When you only change the encoder values, it will not send them until you activate steps. Most customers are dealing with the step envelopes and are entering new steps always in the beginning. So they have not realized so far, that the offset values are not played back automaticly without active steps. This value is called "offset" because that value get's added to step envelopes at hybrid synth sequences. Midi sequence lnes and dsp synth sequence lines don't have step envelopes. So they are like the absolute values in classical step sequencers.
New users please check the following link for forum activation:
http://www.forum.radikaltechnologies.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=921
http://www.myspace.com/jorgschaaf
http://www.youtube.com/user/SCHAAFJOERG
Jörg Schaaf

PreviousNext

Return to Updates