Betatesting V1.55

Notifications on new updates will be posted here!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: Betatesting V1.55

Postby dest4b » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:48 am

So it would not be possible to route the Clock from midi in also to midi out ?!

If i connect the clock directly to my virus i cant send him notes from the spectralis without a merger.. :/
If i connect my Virus to midi out the virus don't get a clock for syncing LFos without a merger.

And i would not use my speck as Master because then i have on every drumbox the midi notes and CCs from the Midi out of the spectralis ..

i thought it would be a simple thing to change the firmware for routing the midi clock from in to out.

so it stays like it ever was .. i hoped to get 300gramms out of my herrenhandtasche :)

also i dident think that a latency is a big issue.
A latency of 3ms would nobody recoginize .. some midi interfaces have 15ms latency or even more.
<<[dest4b]>>
https://soundcloud.com/dest4b
dest4b

Postby thetechnobear » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:12 pm

v1.71

a small request...
I think with SPC_FLASH , you delete .fsevent/trashes etc (due to the mac chucking them on every time they are mounted :( )
could you do the same for the smart media slots 1 and 2... would mean I dont need to delete them manually everytime, I mount the spectralis to upload samples, small thing, but would be very nice :)
thetechnobear

Postby via » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:15 pm

There is a bug in the swing, at certain setting (or perhaps internal scenarios with a certain swing settings on switching between two patterns) it will make everything sound off on other patterns with different swing setting...the only way to get it to play normal again is to go into that pattern with the buggy swing setting and change that swing to song and change to other patterns again and they will be ok, but still a big bug to hit in a live performance.. if the developers have not found this bug I can send a pattern with that setting ...

as far as feedback I love new MOD the step lines, they really breath life into samples... and I´ve gotten it to glitch out congas and snares from a hi-hat sample and even groovy pitch-bending baselines .. its awesome!!! 8) thank you so much for this great feature!!!

Now I´ve notice I can apply MOD some sounds even without having set up a line, not on all sounds though? but on some you can set up mod and use values to tune/or mod the source without a step line ... I think this is very cool, there´s something different about it vs normal tune... and I´d love to see RT expand on this.. like say have mod /or add new mod2) to act like a subtle modulation on destinations .. I know we have Lfo´s that can act in this manner but a random lfo can jump large jumps between high and lo values and sometimes takes a bit of time to dial in, a built in mod that is controlled would be more natural for this process and quick to set up

Also, I´ve not been able to switch song without stopping the sequencer, I thought this was included in 1.5 :?:

Getting the most crazy awesome sounding patterns out of it these days .. it´s like every few months one just jump up a spectralis level :wink: can´t wait to start recording the album ..
via

Postby via » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:52 pm

Ok slowly setting my studio back up (sp sounds incredible with my outboard 8) ...but now that I have some midi running I notice that the sp does not mute the midi tracks ... I thought this was addressed in 1.5 ? ... Nor have I been able to switch between songs during play which I also thought was in 1.5 ??
via

Postby namnibor » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Granted, I am still learning the Spec., but I also am on latest OS and cannot switch song without stopping sequencer and I was also trying some external midi routing and just as Via reported, unless I am not using a Shift Function and missing it, I cannot seem to be able to Mute Midi Tracks.
(am focusing on the Spec2 for now)
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Postby via » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Thank you for the confirm,.. Another thing if it's ok, can you cheek to see if program changes to external midi gear is working.. I'm just setting up and the only midi synth here is the mw1 and this could be due to mw1 internal setting but It was all working before I boxed it and the spectralis is looking guilty, like it just eaten cake !-)
via

Postby namnibor » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:47 pm

I am in similar mess. My apartment is in middle of major upgrades now and construction people arriving Monday through wed., so my Spectralis is just sitting away on a table with headphones until they are done and I can put my studio all back together.
However, I will freely admit that I am no "midi jedi master" by no means, so rather than blaming Spectralis, I will give pass to my probable human error as I am a bit of a "Midiot". :shock: Also interesting, since we seem to be in parallel universes right now, my midi synth I am attempting to use with Spectralis is my Microwave XT :mrgreen:

The Spectralis *always* looks like a cat that just ate the pet bird.
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Postby via » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:57 pm

:lol:

I´m going to use the word midiot whenever I get into an argument with someone in the studio .. I think you may have started a new global studio slam slang ;) (Midiots ''coming to a studio neat you'' )... And yhea with this parallel universe thing, I will be honest, I´ve woken up hoping a new OS had Mandelized into the spectralis .. :wink:
via

Postby via » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:10 pm

BTW if you want to get into some next level Jedi midi shizzle ( and this may be applicable as very useful for ye future) .. on the part MIDI ch select page; there is a [Define] option under one of the LCD encoders .. if you press it you get to a page where you can select banks and sounds on your Microwave XT within the sectrais and thus save the presets settings of your XT within the song info on the spectralis ... this however is notworking right now (?).. will trouble shoot tonight

Edit it works fine ... my bad
Last edited by via on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
via

Postby via » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:51 pm

OK just cheeked the program change it works fine ... internal prg change for multi was off on my MW1, .. sorry for any drama concerning that :oops: .. but midi mutes/solos are not working at all..
via

PreviousNext

Return to Updates