Spectralis 1 Factory Settings Restore binary

Notifications on new updates will be posted here!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Spectralis 1 Factory Settings Restore binary

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:48 am

The spectralis meanwhile ships with a set of preset sounds, sample-sets and song-chains. You can individually download all the single files - which is a little bit complicated or you can just download this single file, copy it to a smart media card and use the disk image restore function, to reload the complete factory preset set. Further infos can be found inside the current manual. The backup restore function will erase the entire flash volume. So please do a backup of your own data before using this function.

http://raditec.de/downloads/spectralis1/factory.zip

This file has been updated! (Oct 2006) and already contains the Goa, SynthKitsch, Techno Patterns, Daydream, Speakerpoison and other new demos.

How does that works? Simply press and hold [Shift] and select the [Browse]-button to enter the file browse dialog. Now select the smart media slot with the downloaded file and select the file with the [page-up]- button. Now you can just hit the [Enter]-button to start the restore function.

Spectralis 2 users please use the factory presets on the DVD and set all sample files to dynamic loading after the copying process. Doing a restore with a memory card kills your time with nearly 1 GB of data...
Last edited by Jörg Schaaf on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jörg Schaaf

Postby zamise » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:07 am

Just for anyones information, if your specki starts counting off read errors during this process for a couple hours and when done you loose your flash rom areas that are supposed to show up as a medium, and only have one sound left... Make sure you have fully downloaded 54.827 meg file to put on your Smart Media card si tiy cab di the full binary factory restore and not a partial restore like I did. Make sure your 94set.SFI is all there and downloaded before you start your factory restore binary on your Spectralis.

Zam

P.S. to Jörg: I think my Spectralis is where it supposed to be now with the firmware update and now the factory reset. You helped me out with that part on the flasher. The Songs included on the 94set.SFI are completly and devistatingingly, BAD ASS! You rule! I just got to figure out how do similar now. I feel like I'm making some headway on it now. I'm thinking my Spectralis will soon be "the ultimate force in universe" 8^)
zamise

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:27 pm

THANKS!!
Jörg Schaaf

Postby machina » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:19 am

Does the factory reset affect the firmware version - i.e. once you reset do you have to update to the latest firmware or does this just affect the sounds/sample-sets?

machina
machina

Postby Jörg Schaaf » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:30 am

The firmware remains untouched!
Jörg Schaaf

Postby dest4b » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:39 pm

But all my songs and own sounds would be killed .. right ?
<<[dest4b]>>
https://soundcloud.com/dest4b
dest4b

Postby olli » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:52 pm

dest4b wrote:But all my songs and own sounds would be killed .. right ?

if they are on the flashmedium - yes :wink:
olli

Postby dest4b » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:57 pm

jipiee ! :)
<<[dest4b]>>
https://soundcloud.com/dest4b
dest4b

Postby olli » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:59 pm

dest4b wrote:jipiee ! :)

killed your work :mrgreen: or what :twisted:
olli

Postby dest4b » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:50 am