Version 1.04K for Spectralis 1 and Spectralis 2 users...

Notifications on new updates will be posted here!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Postby bRz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Gurulogic wrote:well, I haven't bothered to ask in almost three months. so...
...are we any closer to having midi pattern change on the spectralis!?
Or should I just forget about it and maybe instead train a monkey to do it?

:mrgreen:
bRz

Postby pix » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Jörg Schaaf wrote:
via wrote:while in record mode I can not freely run around and adjust things like quantize or envelope settings...

That has to do with the preperation for knob realtime recording. As soon as you enter realtime recording, knob movements should not change the default sound settings anymore you save later on into your pattern. Instead of that knob movments should be recorded for realtime sound tweaking. If the Spectralis would accept the movements as changings to the pattern settings, every realtime recording of knobs would destroy the sound settings of your pattern.

The Spectralis must memorize the starting point of a movement. The starting point is the memorized pattern setting and the movement of knobs will always start there. Otherwise the last position of a sound tweaking would get saved into the settings even if you cancel your recording.

Makes sense Joerg. But we must be able to hear the changes we're making when tweaking the pattern. Will this be possible?
pix

Postby apropos of nothing » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:43 am

1.04k is quite an upgrade in usability.

I still way prefer the old shorter method of sound randomize -- it would work while in a sequencer mode which meant that I didn't have to switch modes again to enter notes. I am forever randomizing things I didn't mean to randomize because I forget which mode the numeric buttons are in. Please no more modes for the numeric buttons! You have soft-buttons around the screen!

Still the parameters being accurately (and verbosely) represented and the pattern randomize function are very nice.
apropos of nothing

Postby tomazzzi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Please add a warning while formating the Flash or SD card.

I just erased my whole flash cause once you push the record button you have no warning ( like stated in the manual ).

Thanks !
tomazzzi

Re: Version 1.04K for Spectralis 1 and Spectralis 2 users..

Postby via » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:32 am

via wrote:while in record mode I can not freely run around and adjust things like quantize or envelope settings...

That has to do with the preperation for knob realtime recording. As soon as you enter realtime recording, knob movements should not change the default sound settings anymore you save later on into your pattern. Instead of that knob movments should be recorded for realtime sound tweaking. If the Spectralis would accept the movements as changings to the pattern settings, every realtime recording of knobs would destroy the sound settings of your pattern.

OK .. now whats realy strange here is that I´m now able to adjust whatever I want in record mode while running 1.04k???????...
after downgrading to earlier OS (for the purpose of trying to get sample to SM cards (something I haven´t been able to do on 1.04k(think my cards are all messed up) and then upgrading to 1.04k again, I can adjust quitize and envelope arp whatever I want ... wich is great!! ... but is something wrong here?, do I have a hybird OS now ;)

also after downgrading and while running OS1.03 I was also able to do randome pattern command.. something that was introduced in the later OS 1.04??? ... I´m thinking if I continue this way I will in the end have re-sample :lol: ... no but seriusly what is going on??... in system it states v1.04K .. and I´m not suposed to be able to do this ...

I just want to know if this is ok.. and that my patterns will transfer correctly for the next update

thx
via

Postby tb303orys » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi there!

I am sorry if what i will ask has been mentioned elsewhere, however i just bought myself a Spectralis MK1 and would like to know how to update to the latest firmware. The seller told me that he doesnt remember what firmware is installed since it has been a long time since he last used it . The Speckie right now is in transit, however i'd like to know what to do beforehand.
Your advice is very much appreciated on what i have to do.
Basically i would like to install the latest firmware and restore to factory settings. I didnt seem to find this info from the manual i downloaded from online.

Cheers
Tio

i guess this is it?
http://forum.radikaltechnologies.com/vi ... p?f=1&t=94

please someone confirm.
tb303orys

Postby Lichttank » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Yes, that's it! I wish you success! (-:
Lichttank

Postby spätaufsteher » Mon May 09, 2011 12:59 pm

quite late but upgrade is done, now. :mrgreen: thx
spätaufsteher

Postby breitt » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:16 am

Need some help! When I attempted to install 1.04 K (I received my Speckie with 1.0 E), my Speckie screen says, "USB mode active. Unplug USB cable for normal operation!"
I've attempted the procedure with the USB cable plugged or unplugged during various parts of the procedure to no avail. Also, When I hit Shift and System and navigate to page 5 (I can only do this with the USB cable unplugged), an upgrade dialogue menu asks me if I'd like to upgrade to version 1.04 K. When I hit Enter (both soft encoder or hard) nothing happens. I rebooted the Speckie several times after this and nothing changed.
breitt

Postby breitt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:46 pm

breitt wrote:Need some help! When I attempted to install 1.04 K (I received my Speckie with 1.0 E), my Speckie screen says, "USB mode active. Unplug USB cable for normal operation!"
I've attempted the procedure with the USB cable plugged or unplugged during various parts of the procedure to no avail. Also, When I hit Shift and System and navigate to page 5 (I can only do this with the USB cable unplugged), an upgrade dialogue menu asks me if I'd like to upgrade to version 1.04 K. When I hit Enter (both soft encoder or hard) nothing happens. I rebooted the Speckie several times after this and nothing changed.

OK--all fixed! I removed the 1.04K update from the flash drive, put it back and this time it upgraded! Weird, but hey-the results are good.
breitt

PreviousNext

Return to Updates