Betatesting V1.55

Notifications on new updates will be posted here!

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Re: Betatesting V1.55

Postby namnibor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:35 am

Good to hear that is working but may I ask, how would one "midi mute or solo" with the Spectralis not working to do that without ending-up with hung midi notes without simply using a mixer to turn it down or fade? I hope I was clear. Since I am just really been digging into Spectralis seriously for first time, I had no 'working knowledge' of just how midi mutes or solos even worked on the Spectralis, if it indeed worked on O.S. 1.5 or 1.04 and maybe broken in 1.71A...appreciate your shared knowledge and has the Spectralis Mad Scientist confirmed this as a 'bug' yet?

Cannot wait to get my stuff together. The Microwave XT's LCD is very much just like the Spectralis :mrgreen:
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Postby via » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:43 pm

After you select a track to be MIDI track the regular solo/mute status should apply to thous just like internal sounds,.. on 1.04 it was working on most of the drumtracks except 2-3 percussion tracks .. The Dsynth mutes where working except Dsynth3 IIRC .. but on 1.7 (although I´ve not tested every track) the mutes/solos I have used have not worked and I thought this had been fixed in 1.5..

Regardless I´m in love with my spectralis.. new SD cards should be here today and I´m about to order A/D convertors (actually the new K-mix mixer) so I can start recording soon (and plan the live set).. getting a few other bits but I must admit after I started tracking each individual out through a mixer with dynamic control & some vintage FX the spk sounds absolutely massive..

Using Mixer is defiantly the way to go and that's applicable workaround to the midi mute thing .. I will add that having the Asynth outs running live all the time has been a pleasant experience .. when I mute the mains (Asynth sterio out) from the mix; I still have the Asynth running out of Asynth 1&2 outputs panned Hard left/right so one out goes through a channel with some eq, compression & another analog filter and the other output goes through a channel with some fx and again a 2nd analog filter with a phaser .. so there's a whole Asynth soundscape going on after I muted the mains 8) , that just gets bigger when the main out stereo comes into the mix again (it´s like have extra instances of the Asynth).. sometimes I mute (turn volume down completely on the Asynth) thus completely mute it from the stereo out .. so only the stereo trails of the delay play through the main outs! .. these configs just brings into play a bunch of options that you don´t have access to without tracking it through individual outs... this really took things to the next level ..
via

Postby namnibor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Thanks for the info and talk about our rather odd parallel universe occupation at the moment, I am anxiously awaiting the Beta Testing to complete for the Windows Software for the....KMI K-Mix :shock: I already have a Qunexus and love it and this mixer/interface with tactile touch/pressure control surface may be just what I have been looking for but again, awaiting Windows Beta Testing, which just started.
You will have to tell me how you like the K-Mix and also if you found any midi channels you can mute/solo from Spectralis and if it needs reported as a bug?
The mixer thing works for my method but the current 19" rack mixer's pots are way too small for my fat fingers. :shock:
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Postby via » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:40 pm

What a small world :shock: ... Could you comment on the audio fidelity? it´s the #1 reason for buying .. wish it came in a larger format but I could easily see myself with 3 of these live, is it just plug and play operation on a mac? how does it feel? (I´d take real faders over touch strips everyday tbh .. so I´d love to hear a little about it from a user

Also .. feel a bit silly to be talking about MIDI and such things in these fascinating times,.. the beginning of the new ...its absolutely phenomenally mind blowing and utterly amazing, it´s a frequency that is expanding (mine at least) consciousness... Welcome to 3.0 :wink:
via

Postby namnibor » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:53 pm

No. I have NOT purchased the K-Mix yet. It only currently operates with MAC as far as it's editor, I am waiting for the Beta Testing of the Windows O.S. to be complete and once it's available for Windows users, I will likely buy it then. So I cannot comment on audio fidelity, only my great experience with the Qunexus controller.
namnibor

Postby pizzatime » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Hey all - seems the new updates have stopped.
Shame as I still think the Spectralis is amazing - I have a load of Eurorack and it holds its own no problem.

Please give us overdub recording!
Also key / trigger group restart of 3 main LFO's.
What about LFO shape and speed as sequencer destination targets.

A distant dream would be sequencer control of the delays..

They are features I am missing that I would have really liked while playing with the Spectralis this weekend - would be incredible if they got implemented.
pizzatime

Previous

Return to Updates